PDA

View Full Version : panops annotation on jepps- again

baobab72
11th Jan 2013, 14:14
dear all
i am not sure that this is the right section where to post my question but i will go ahead and shoot it out!
as far as i know the PANOPS annotation on the side of the jepps indicates that the procedure was designed in accordance with the requirements laid out in the ICAO DOC8168 Volume 2 1st and 2nd edition.
the PANOPS 3 refers to the updates laid out in the 3rd edition and mainly dealing with holding patterns while PANOPS 4 refers to the updates contained in the 4th edition of the DOC8168 where the acceleration criteria was left out.
Although i am familiar with the requirements detailed in the 1st and 2nd edition i can not locate anywhere the new holding requirements - speeds? sise of the safety area? obstacle clearance? bank angle?- and the so called acceleration criteria from which the 4th edition stemmed.
Browsing pprune and the web i read that the appendix 11 should be referenced to but i couldn t find any table containing any info about the holding patterns, how they differ from the 1st and 2nd edition and a definition of the acceleration criteria.
Many thanks for your help