PDA

View Full Version : A320 raw data localizer intercept

Speedwinner
8th Jan 2013, 08:05
Hello friends,

New on the 320 coming from the 737 NG: could be my fault but hand flying raw data the intercept is much harder on the airbus than on the 737. Intecepting the localizer on the 737 with a smooth lubberline intercept was nice and easy. Doing this on the airbus when the scale starts to move is nearly not possible and i do often overshoot. can somebody give me some hints or advices? we fly ususally in map and pfd. So coming from the 737 i love handflying raw data and im not willed to fly every intercept with the ap. by the way, looking at the ap the modes often needs to adjust the bank angle to get the right intercept.

thanks for inspiration!

sw

Fursty Ferret
8th Jan 2013, 11:20
Just use the magenta ILS course line on the compass segment at the bottom of the PFD. Assuming a 30-40 degree intercept, roll to 20 degrees of bank (+/- a bit based on wind etc)when the localiser comes alive, and aim to line the green track diamond up with the ILS course as the deviation comes to zero.

That sounds more complicated than it is, but I find this much easier than chasing the track on the bird.

CONF iture
8th Jan 2013, 11:40
we fly ususally in map and pfd.
My preference is the ROSE LS MODE which provides a more conventional presentation.