PDA

View Full Version : A319/320 taxiway restrictions

Neupielot
1st Jan 2013, 15:18
Hi I can't seem to find a definite answer from the fcom and fctm about :

- the taxiway restriction for A319/320 (outer main gear wheel span / wingspan restricion), is it a CODE C or D? (not wake category or approach category).

I've googled it, but, still unsure. I'm guessing its code C?:O

- with reference to the above, what is the outer main gear wheel span of a320? Cant find the info in fcom but there is a figure 7.59m for wheel span (the figure looks like its inner main wheel).

-last, but certainly not least, 45m is the minimum runway width. Where can i find the limit for minimum taxyway width for a319/320?:O

Many thanks.

Stuck_in_an_ATR
1st Jan 2013, 15:27
In my outfit we have a taxiway width limit of 15m. This is company limit, don't know what it is based on...

BTW, min RWY width is 30m. However, everything below 45m is considered "narrow runway operation". Details can be found in FCOM-PRO-SPO.

Hope this helps...

Cough
1st Jan 2013, 15:32
P89 Outer wheel track 8.95m. (http://www.airbus.com/fileadmin/media_gallery/files/tech_data/AC/Airbus-AC-A320-Jun2012.pdf)

compressor stall
1st Jan 2013, 18:47
Airbus produce a document called something like "aircraft characteristics for airport planning". All answers are in there.

I'm away from my computer, will post the correct title if no joy in locating it.

Neupielot
2nd Jan 2013, 23:43
Hi all,

Many thanks for the help. Found the outer main wheel span thing and the code in that document.:ok:

Hopefully will able to find the minimum taxyway width limit in it too now. Thanks once again guys:).