PDA

View Full Version : Airline - good or bad for easyjet??

UKflyer
16th Apr 2002, 13:04
I saw 'Airline' last night and was wondering how beneficial it is for an airline to have some of its most angry customers shown on TV. It must do some good otherwise Stelios wouldn't have agreed to a second or third series!!

Sagey
16th Apr 2002, 13:26
They hardly ever show, well I cannot remember them showing customers with what I would call a genuine well founded complaint.

All the complaints seem to be over things like forgotten passports and the staff won't allow them to travel, turning up extremely late for a flight or drunkeness.

It has to be beneficial to Easy, although would be extremely interesting to see how passenger figures vary before a series is shown, during the series and after the series.

Sagey

GonvilleBromhead
16th Apr 2002, 14:15
The old adage, any publicity is good publicity could hold true, one thing Stelios is quite canny at is the publicity machine.

If I was looking to travel somewhere abroad, chances are I would only look at the low-cost guys anyway, thus narrow it down to the lowest fare between Ezy, Fr, Buzz, Go.

The fact that Mrs Smiggins couldn't change her flight without paying a surcharge cos she got out of bed too late to make the 8.50 from Piccadilly and the taxi failed to turn up on time and as for those road works on the M6, well, what do we pay our road taxes for................

Couldn't give a monkeys, if Easy got me there cheaply and on time (mostly), good enough for me.

Today's news, tmorra's chip papers an all that !

;)

sickBocks
16th Apr 2002, 16:26
During the last series I read somewhere (more than likely here) that EZY booking went up 10% the day after the programme aired. There's no such thing as bad publicity (apart from crashes and engine fires etc).

sB

Send Clowns
16th Apr 2002, 19:18
May help people to see the opposite point of view. If they have seen the complaints on the programme, been persuaded of Easy's righteousness, they might not look badly on EJ if they encounter similar problems.

The Greaser
17th Apr 2002, 08:03
This is a half an hour of free advertising for easyJet - they would not do it if they thought it would convey a negative image of themselves. I also heard that easyJet website hits go up many thousands just after the show finishes.

Lmgtman
18th Apr 2002, 18:04
In a nutshell - all the above is true.

Saw the first of the latest series on Monday, and have personally witnessed some of the filming - and it is quite apparent that it will be the same / usual litany of folks trying to blame anyone / anything but themselves for missing the 30 minute 'close'*.

A bit of a yawn after the xxth series. I am told that LWT have enough footage for 18 episodes this time - and they want to come for still more. Cheap TV to produce you see (no script - just a two man crew and a producer)

easyJet have until now (see today's news about Stelios' 'resignation') been very keen to keep the cameras rolling because they know - or so I have been repeatedly told; that 'hits' on their website and phone booking lines increase dramatically immediately after airing of every episode of the famed series (even repeats!).

*Please note however, that I can personally vouch for the fact that most pax who miss the check-in do not react in the way shown on TV and simply accept the reality and their own culpability.

Love and peace to all...

steamchicken
18th Apr 2002, 19:16
What I'd love to know is; we get all sorts of horror stories about FR on here, some are BS, some are true, but none about Easyjet - are they honest, or do their lawyers monitor this BB?

schuler_tuned
18th Apr 2002, 19:22
Don't think it really matters.
You want to book a flight and you get prices from all the usual suspects. If all the dep' times are favourable, guess who gets the business.

The Greaser
18th Apr 2002, 19:26
Schuler Tuned

How are you doing, exams passed yet??

schuler_tuned
18th Apr 2002, 19:36
Greaser,
We appear to have been moved!!!
Anywho, you beat my editing of my post by seconds to ask how the ATP thing is going!!!
1st 7 down, all 1st time passess, 2nd lot in July, E-mail me if you read this.

The Greaser
18th Apr 2002, 19:43
Schuler :

Email sent