PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 206 Take Off Flap Performance

Ixixly
18th Dec 2012, 05:04
Does anyone have any links to data showing the performance of a Cessna 206 with various Flap Configurations and their effect on Take Off Performance? Specifically things like Obstacle Clearance, ROC, Angle of Climb and the speeds it was done at and obviously the weights it was done with, preferably ones done at MTOW.

Had a good look around but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

westhawk
18th Dec 2012, 06:09
Enter search terms "cessna 206 poh free downloads" in the most popular search engine (http://cessna 206 poh free downloads)and try a couple of those links. I suspect you'll at least find expected rates of climb at Vy and MGTOW. From there you can work out climb gradients and such by standard calculation methods. That's probably the best you'll do.

westhawk

Ixixly
18th Dec 2012, 21:56
Thanks Westhawk, already got a C206 POH, was hoping there might have been an organisation who had done some experiments on this sort of thing and published the results.

westhawk
19th Dec 2012, 07:51
Yeah I never had any success finding part 25 style climb gradient info for part 23 airplanes either. Maybe nobody has gone to the trouble of doing a full blown performance engineering study and validating the derived data with a flight test program? I've had to estimate it myself using the ROC data from the POH to determine as best I could whether I could meet climb gradient requirements for certain SIDs and missed approaches. A whiz wheel and/or calculator used to make conservative estimations is better than guessing I suppose.

Anyway I hope that wasn't too much more than you were asking for and happy flying!

westhawk