PDA

View Full Version : A320 A/P ALT or ALT CRZ mode

Neupielot
9th Dec 2012, 23:18
Hi,

When in Alt or Alt CRZ mode on the A320, will the A/P regain altitude if it deviated from the alt due to eg. turbulence?

Eg. FL 350, and hit turb and it deviated say -300 ft to fl 347.

Now will it climb back up (with a/p on and no input from pilot) and will there be a mode change? Sounds silly i know but i really don't know. My guess is it "should". Hmm mode change i dont know..:O

A4
10th Dec 2012, 06:45
Yes it will.

A4

GuilhasXXI
10th Dec 2012, 07:08
Yes, most A/P if not all do that If I´m not mistaken, but someone please correct me If I´m wrong. Either way, the A320´s A/P will do that for sure :)

GuilhasXXI

bungeeng
10th Dec 2012, 07:20
I can't imagine any A/P that wouldn't maintain a selected altitude in altitude hold mode would be RVSM certified.

Microburst2002
10th Dec 2012, 14:07
Yes it does.

It is an ALT HOLD mode, not a V/S zero mode, if that is what you are asking...

OATNetjets
10th Dec 2012, 20:20
Without specific knowledge of that aircraft autopilot, I would have guess that when should the aircraft diverge from its altitude target:

1/ The A/P would correct it and come back if the disturbance between altitude and altitude target is small enough.
2/ If that difference becomes so important (for whatever reason) that the A/P decides it can not come back to the target altitude, then it would disconnect.

My 2 cents...

fmgc
10th Dec 2012, 20:33
Don't forget that in ALT CRZ you will have the soft altitude hold mode where it will allow the plane to "wallow" around the selected altitude buy + or - 50'.

There would be no mode change.