PDA

View Full Version : IR(R) Validity?

Level Attitude
8th Dec 2012, 13:07
The IMC Rating was valid for 25 months (less one day) from date of last test.
ie: Test passed on 15th June 2012 - IMC Rating valid until midnight on 14th July 2014).

All EASA ratings are now valid from end of month (of test or revalidation requirements being met) plus rating validity.

The IR(R) is an EASA rating (otherwise it couldn't be asttached to an EASA license).

So, is an IR(R) valid for 25 months from the end of the month in which the test is taken (rather than 25 months from test date)?

BEagle
8th Dec 2012, 17:07
See CAP 804 Section 5 Part E:

In agreement with EASA, UK JAA and National licences which contained the UK IMC rating for Aeroplanes issued prior to 8 April 2014 that are converted to EASA licences will retain IMC privileges. On a Part-FCL licence the UK (IMC) appears as IR (Restricted).
The revalidation/renewal requirements of the IMC Rating shall apply to all IR (Restricted) Ratings.

giloc
10th Dec 2012, 15:40
So, is an IR(R) valid for 25 months from the end of the month in which the test is taken (rather than 25 months from test date)?

The answer appears to be 'yes'. The CAA have extended all the ratings/certificates on my EASA licence to the end of the month that they expired on my JAR licence. That includes the IR(R) - giving it in my case a validity period of 25 months and 13 days.

Level Attitude
10th Dec 2012, 20:21
Well there you go!

Given BEagle's quote (which I did know), what will Examiners put as
Date of Expiry on candidates ratings page?

I'll answer my own question:

On a JAR (deemed to be EASA) License you can have an IMC Rating, so 25 months from date of test - So that's what Examiners put.

On an EASA License you have an IR(R) so 25 months from end of month in which successful test taken.

Converting JAR to EASA let CAA do the maths

dobbin1
11th Dec 2012, 16:01
I converted to EASA and my IRR(A) shows the date of test as 24/3/11 and "valid until" date as 30/4/13