PDA

View Full Version : FI Rating at Atlantic Training Support

conk757
4th Dec 2012, 19:34
Just wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with these guys?

Somebody recommended them to me for a FI rating but ive never heard of them and I couldn't find anything on here.

Also anymore recommendations for a FI rating around Birmingham? Ive looked at Ontrack(Wellesbourne) and Aero's(Coventry).

Cheers

Conk757

S-Works
4th Dec 2012, 20:06
Andy Simmons and Kath Burningham are the key players at Atlantic TS. Both vastly experienced FIC and Examiners. I did an IRE course with them and they were excellent.

I have done all my other Examiner and Instructor courses at Ontrack who are second to none.

You won't go wrong with either of them but my age old loyalty will always be with Ontrack.

mad_jock
4th Dec 2012, 20:07
They were the training wing of the Atlantic group before the group split up.

They have a good reputation for there courses for airline level, core courses and TRI and TRE courses.

If the Head of Training is still the same lady as the atlantic days the quality of the course will not be in question.

conk757
5th Dec 2012, 09:33
Thanks for your replies, I'll have to go down and have a look around Atlantic Training Support.

mad_jock
5th Dec 2012, 09:46
Expect to work like a bastard neither of those two will accept minimal standard if they think you can do better.

You will see technical standards of flying that you won't think are possible but you will come out of the course a better pilot (the altantic fuglys have a very good reputation for flying standards) and fit for the job of being a flying instructor.

conk757
15th Jul 2013, 13:04
Went with OnTrack in the end.

Just finished, Would highly recommended OnTrack to anybody who wants to do a FI rating. I had a really good time but also learn't alot!!!

Will definitely be going back to do other courses in the future.

Now to find a job :ok: