PDA

View Full Version : Litigation coming up

wongsuzie
3rd Dec 2012, 04:23
Beware to that person who posted on social media, you can run but cannot hide:

Quote:Cause damage to company's or person's reputation and defamatory, slanderous remarks BROADCASTED/PUBLISHED online i.e FACEBOOK.TWITTER.

alohajec
3rd Dec 2012, 09:56
Okay, i'll bite. saw the 'reminder' on IntraCX from the Personnel Dept. which means someone prob. messed up again. in a generic nutshell, what was said/transmitted? sounds serious. even the PPRuNe administrators' reminder (above) "...won't guarantee anonymity!":oh:

Oh, and if it's about the Thai F/A's "coffee threat" on Thaksin's daughter on board then disregard. *yawn*:zzz:

Tornado Ali
4th Dec 2012, 00:14
People can be sued for implied slander. Beware. Prune won't protect u if you've skirted close to the edge. You better have proof. Or you had better shut up

cxorcist
4th Dec 2012, 00:47
Doesn't the word "rumour" imply unsubstantiated? Why anyone would take anything mentioned on this site too seriously is beyond me.

Trafalgar
4th Dec 2012, 01:57
Good point. Personal agendas and anonymous slander is all pretty sad when u get down to it

Maid Day
4th Dec 2012, 02:27
Pretty difficult to justify a lawsuit unless the individual or company involved has assets that can be pursued as damages. If you were on the board, would you put your lawyers to work on tedious issues that end in no financial recourse? Perhaps it's the fundamentals of the issues that should be targeted to eliminate future problems that cause negative publicity.