PDA

View Full Version : Examiner Briefing for all Examiners 30th November 2012

Danny boy
30th Nov 2012, 18:48
Just spent 45 mins trying to log in to view briefing...registered yesterday successfully, keeps sending round in circles....very frustrating anybody had any luck viewing the briefing :ugh:

DB6
30th Nov 2012, 20:26
Have not been informed of any briefing, therefore will not try to view.
When I am told about it by the CAA then I will try. Enough is enough.

Whopity
1st Dec 2012, 09:19
And even if you do manage to do it, it fails to answer many of the questions Examiners have. There is no mention of which forms to use, or any details of the many changes. On completion, you receive a certificate that looks more akin to a trial lesson certificate! It fills a tick for the CAA as far as EASA is concerned.

Danny boy
1st Dec 2012, 16:46
The CAA still hasn't given any idea of what will be required to change a RFTF to a EASA ATO...would be nice to be able to offer the LAPL to new customers...:ugh:

Whopity
1st Dec 2012, 17:38
The requirement is published by EASA in AMC to Part ORA (https://www.easa.europa.eu/agency-measures/docs/agency-decisions/2012/2012-007-R/Annex%20to%20ED%20Decision%202012-007-R.pdf)

The CAA publish the approval fee (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/269PLSAmd.pdf):6.1 Private pilot initial training or subsequent ratings
When making an application for any other course approval or subsequent rating not
shown elsewhere in the Scheme, the applicant shall pay to the CAA a charge of £1,000.
Where the time of processing the application exceeds the fee payable, the applicant
shall pay to the CAA additional charges of £172 per hour for the excess hours incurred.

So you are all set to go!

Another_CFI
1st Dec 2012, 17:51
I did the examiner briefing, passed and got the certificate to prove it.

However at the end of the briefing there was the usual CAA question about how useful the briefing had been and then a question on which examiner priviledges I hold. Why not ask that question at the beginning so that I did not have to answer a question about qualifing as an SFE when the priviledge which I hold is as an FE(PPL)?

Also the only reason I did the briefing was because I read about it on forums - no communication from the CAA.

Whopity
1st Dec 2012, 18:05
It appears there is very little internal communication between departments, so what chance do we have?

Danny boy
1st Dec 2012, 22:17
Thanks for the links Whopity...in all my years in the flight training business and generally in life, keeping it simple has always prevailed...so why do these people make it all so complicated :{

Matey
1st Dec 2012, 22:47
Is not the online Examiner Briefing only a requirement for non UK Examiners wishing to conduct tests on Pilots with UK CAA issued EASA Licences? (new Doc 24 Appendix 19)

Whopity
2nd Dec 2012, 15:37
You are quite correct, IN 2012/153 and the pre-amble on the CAA website list this as meeting the requirement of FCL 1015c(2).

Where the confusion occurs is if you click to look at the briefing details and you are then confronted with the following:Examiner Briefing for all Examiners
You are required to register to view the briefing
There is no indication from this point on as to who the intended audience is!