PDA

View Full Version : 'Snow Joke

bigflyingrob
27th Nov 2012, 17:04
I'm after a set of Ski's to fit to an Auster but all my British contacts have come up dry. I need the type where the wheel sticks through the bottom as getting her out of the hanger without looks a right pain!
So anyone got any second hand ones kicking around? I've looked on the American sites and the new price for some is more than I paid for the aircraft! Please send a PM if you have any
Rob

Pace
27th Nov 2012, 17:57
Rob

Are you expecting snow in ESSEX??? :ok:

Pace

gasax
27th Nov 2012, 18:12
Tricck Air in the US are a potential supplier. I used to have a set of Auster skis which were Canadian if you look up gasax's present owner you may find them

bigflyingrob
27th Nov 2012, 22:20
Do you have a number for him please as he's not in the phone book. Were they wheel through type?

srayne
29th Nov 2012, 11:17
TrickAir Snow Skis (http://www.trickair.com/)

Pilotage
29th Nov 2012, 14:31
I should also check with LAA what hoops they'll need you to jump through for approval. Experience of ski mods in the UK is likely to be fairly minimal!

P

gasax
29th Nov 2012, 15:17
The LAA have approved at least one set of skis for Turbulents or similar.

The Auster skis were wheel replacement. No number I'm afraid. From memory there is also a ski equipped Norwegian Auster - and possibly a Swedish one.

From memory the Leceister museum had all the drawings - but the Auster club chaps will be able to give dchapter and verse.

bigflyingrob
2nd Dec 2012, 22:13
Well done to Pilotage for making the most obvious statement of the month.
And as to TriccAir have you seen the prices?
:=