PDA

View Full Version : RNAV 34L/R narita

turnandburn
26th Nov 2012, 09:45
i have been watching crew program the arrival in to tokyo via RNAV 34L/R via corgi for runway 34L and leaving a leg from there to daisy.

Though we are flight planned via this rnav star is this incorrect as it aligns you for 34R?

our data base does not have the rnav via daisy for 34L i would have thought you would reprogram via daisy?

aterpster
27th Nov 2012, 14:06
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/aterpster/CORGIDAISYSTARs.jpg

jrmyl
27th Nov 2012, 16:12
Or you could do like all of us who are based there do, just put in the Venus South Alpha for 34L and the Corgi for 34R. Sure the Venus is not an RNAV Star but really it doesn't matter as you will more than likely get radar vectors approaching Venus.

It is a no-win situation as all of the arrivals into that place make no sense whatsoever. :ugh: But as we are told in training, "Don't ask why."

Good luck and good flying.:ok:

FlightPathOBN
27th Nov 2012, 19:52
Interesting VIXEN is used on this plate...I have used the VIXEN waypoint before, but not there...need to check, but thought that was published...

The Dominican
27th Nov 2012, 21:35
Any day one can make it through the crosswind components, when there, on 16R is a good day in that place.
I have learned not to crucify when I hear of an incident in Narita, you can be coming all nice at +/- 5 KTS on the speed and keeping it nice with just 5 to 8% power adjustments, and all of a sudden at 100 feet she turns into a Puerto Rican girlfriend that finds you in bed with another woman:ugh: