PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Flight checklist maintenance procedure

cchild
25th Nov 2012, 17:25
Hello,
My name is Cary Child. I am doing a project for a MBA operations management class. We are looking at the process of pre-flight checklist procedures. Is there a place I can get a real GENERAL understanding of how this works. Such as pilot checks plane, if an issue maitenance tech called in, If minor issue then logged for later maintenance, if no issue then proceeds to next step. I especially am looking for a workflow chart of this procedure. It would be helpful to understand how much paperwork processing as well as fixing of maintenance issues.

I appreciate if can share any information or advice on where to look.

Thanks for your time and input,
Cary

Mach E Avelli
26th Nov 2012, 05:37
A good start would be to search for a Master Minimum Equipment List or an Operator Minimum Equipment List for a typical transport aircraft such as the Boeing 737. Maybe try the FAA website.
The Preamble section of a typical MMEL or OMEL will have a lot of words which would help your research.
Then look at the content and you will see how various maintenance or operational procedures are invoked.

For how pilots check systems before dispatch, get hold of an Expanded or Training checklist, preferably for the same type aircraft, so you can compare.