PDA

View Full Version : salary BBJ F/O

Energetic Pilot
25th Nov 2012, 09:06
Anyone know what the current range for a typerated BBJ F/Os in Europe/Russia is? Gross!

FrankR
25th Nov 2012, 13:24
What's your total time, time in type, other types, and amount of international experience?

Thanks,

FR

jr of dallas
25th Nov 2012, 15:45
FrankR has an answer for everything..you are amazing !

tommoutrie
25th Nov 2012, 16:10
they're not that gross, they're just a tarted up airliner.

500 above
25th Nov 2012, 19:25
they're not that gross, they're just a tarted up airliner.

Just don't ask Tom for the flap retraction schedule! ;)

BBJ Captain/FO-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/1414.html)

That looks rather low ball to me.

jr of dallas
26th Nov 2012, 09:59
what iKnow of Russia :+/- 6000 € , perdiems, and 15on/off.

FrankR
27th Nov 2012, 09:31
Well thank you for the compliment JR.

By the way, I asked a question, which is why there is a "Question mark" at the end of the sentence. I asked the question since salary for BBJ pilots varies considerably. There are plenty of low TT 737 FOs with type ratings, many former airline captains who are rather burned out, and only a handful of true VVIP long-haul BBJ pilots with significant time on type.

Your answer of $6000 euro a month is about what a very junior guy (or experienced cabin attendant) would earn on a month on month off contract for a true VVIP position.

As a side note, Hauxan is run by a guy named Bill Zheng, I don't think he is really recruiting for BBJ pilots. He deals mostly with airliners and Donghi jet, who have 605's and 300's

... that's all I know for now

Cheers!
FR

Energetic Pilot
27th Nov 2012, 10:48
Hi Frank!
I have 5500hrs TT, 1500 in B737 in Airline Operation. Both Airline and executive experience, no long-haul ex.

Thanks for your advice

Energetic Pilot
5th Dec 2012, 06:00
Anyone with figures????

CaptainProp
5th Dec 2012, 09:33
Pro Pilot 2012 salary study:

Corporate:

Low: $77K

Average: $92K

High: $111K

Charter:

Low: $60K

Average: $81K

High: $103K

"International salaries" only give Captain's pay....

CP

Energetic Pilot
6th Dec 2012, 07:19
and this is captains pay on a bbj?

I got more on a C525....

FCS_TEST
6th Dec 2012, 08:40
Stay there then !

wondering
6th Dec 2012, 15:40
Here is the whole salary study:

http://www.safetystanddown.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Salary-study-6-12-lyt_June.pdf

CaptainProp
6th Dec 2012, 19:21
@ Energetic - No. The person that started the thread named it "salary BBJ F/O"...so perhaps FO salary...?

Edit - Just realized that it was YOU who started the thread?! Why are you asking if the quoted salaries are Captain pay when you asked for FO salary?!?!

CP

CaptainProp
6th Dec 2012, 19:25
For Captain's pay add $50-70K to the FO numbers...roughly....

Energetic Pilot
7th Dec 2012, 06:34
@ cpt prop - I understood your above figures aer Cpt figures - now I got it :cool:
Can the "salary study figures" be transferred 1:1 to Europe/Russia?

FCS_TEST
7th Dec 2012, 07:28
Maybe you could figure it out by yourself,no ?:ugh:

cambioso
7th Dec 2012, 08:40
Oh Gawd.................Why do we bother to try and help people who won't help themselves?

Energetic Pilot
7th Dec 2012, 12:01
@cambioso: itīs ok, leave it. Same stupid answers like in the german counterpart pilots.de :(
-> there IS a difference between the two sides of the atlantic regarding gross and net salary!
Unbeleivable. A specific question requires a specific answer - too hard for some of you.

FrankR
7th Dec 2012, 13:37
Energetic,

I feel your pain. Remember that PPRune is an open forum, and some pilots here fly only the airframes built by Microsoft, while others are 300 hour guys living in some obscure place. Some are really upset, and use this as a place to vent their anger at life. .. Please take these insults with a grain of salt, and don't take it personally.

Your question is rather complex. The best answer is "It depends". If you are looking in a job in an Eastern European country, and they are advertising for local pilots only, or ones who are "Native speakers" or ones with "An existing right to work in Latvastan", then they will most likely not want an outsider, regardless of pay expectations and experience. These folks will need to hire ex-airline guys as BBJ pilots are few and far between.

So my estimate is that pay for this type of operation will be around the scale for locals at the low cost airline.

As for a BBJ being a 737, it's true, it really is a 737-700 with -800 gear and PATS tanks to give it range. However, there are many operational issues along with the ability to interact with high net worth individuals that make it difficult for some to make the jump. We just looked for three months for a few "real" BBJ guys with no luck.

If your BBJ is advertising for guys with say 1,000 hours of BBJ time, and lots of long haul international private ops, then you will be at the scale that I emailed you earlier.

Illegitimi non carborundum!

FR

mutt
7th Dec 2012, 15:36
Job on 350.com, 3 months on 1 off, based Saudi, $8000 + $75 per day expenses for CAPTAINS! Ouch.

Wasn't that long ago that this sort of position was paying $15K.

Mutt

CaptainProp
8th Dec 2012, 11:58
Crazy... We have FOs making that kind of money on Falcon / Gulfstream etc with much better rosters.

aerobat77
8th Dec 2012, 18:41
I feel your pain. Remember that PPRuNe is an open forum, and some pilots here fly only the airframes built by Microsoft, while others are 300 hour guys living in some obscure place. Some are really upset, and use this as a place to vent their anger at life. ..

a perfect answer that matches the real life of the very most here who try to shine at least in the "safety" of internet anonymity ! to your question : especially in the bizjet market nowaday there is no average sallary for a given position on a given type but it all depends how much worthiness the company or the owner sees in you , basicly it starts to be ripped off for the rating and sitting p2f rightseat not touching anything ,to real attractive jobs when you have the smart , experience ,reputation and contacts for a given place.

and its not really dependent on the type you work on.

you say to have +5000 hours- so you should/would know that real pilots life today is pretty different what it might to appear for a spectators eye. .

cheers

moondriver
22nd Mar 2013, 00:46
That's extremely low. I know captains in China flying G450 and G550 making over $20k/month.

Aussie
25th Mar 2013, 22:40
Making 20K in China... do those jobs really exist..

You see the ads around now for capt on the Gulf/Global, but they not offering more then 14-15K... :confused:

FrankR
26th Mar 2013, 00:36
Great question Ausie,,,,

Some positions make near 20K a month US, but those guys are in HK where you have to pay 16% taxes and a whopper of a lease payment for their flat each month.

After you are all in, the China / HK / Macau jobs all pay out the same, which is 12-14K USD per month after tax and flat payment. This is for a guy with 500 hours on type and 1,000 slogging around the whole world.

FR