PDA

View Full Version : NATs ATC test stage 1

josiejojo
20th Nov 2012, 17:53
Hi I've got my stage 1 test next week and am looking at the information for the ATC test part. There are about 25 aircrafts and their details listed, am I supposed to memorise all of those? Or just get a general idea of air traffic in the UK?

scottish-ghost
21st Nov 2012, 17:21
hi, i have mine on Monday next week and was wandering the same thing, don't want to be filling my head with those stats at this point unless i have to!

scottish-ghost
21st Nov 2012, 17:26
was thinking the same thing!

whitelighter
21st Nov 2012, 17:49
They have sent it to you for a reason. Not sure working out what you can 'ignor' at this stage bodes very well for you.

IF (and that is a big if) you get through selection and make it onto a course that initial document will look like a bit of light Saturday morning reading in comparison.

Look at the MATS Part 1, ANO, CAP670 for starters and you'll get the idea. Not much in those tombs that you can conveniently ignor.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
21st Nov 2012, 18:06
And if you get posted to a busy unit, the MATS Pt2 can be bigger than that lot put together!

chevvron
21st Nov 2012, 18:51
You will need to know relative speeds of different types. As a f'rinstance, many turboprop aircraft have a higher approach speed than some jets, hence you need to space them on final approach accordingly.(unless they are suject to speed control)

scottish-ghost
21st Nov 2012, 23:18
not looking to see what i can ignore, just only have 4 evenings to learn it all so trying to work out what to prioritize.

thanks for the help though.

traindriver33
23rd Nov 2012, 22:33
Im cramming aswell. Any advice guys? What should i study?