PDA

View Full Version : F.i.s.o.

OldbutWise
13th Apr 2002, 12:05
Can anyone help. I have applied for a FISO License and have downloaded the relevant CAP publications from the CAA web site. However I cannot find the AIC which supposedly lists sample questions of the written exams. I am particularly interested in the Air Law and Procedures exam as I don't have to sit the others.

Also any other help or advice that may assist me will be most welcome.

Thanks in anticipation.

alphaalpha
15th Apr 2002, 19:31
I believe the dpcument was a CAP not an AIC which has been out of print for some time. Try the CAA library, they have been helpful in photocopying short out-of-print documents. I'm not sure of the direct dial, but you can contact the library via the Aviation House switchboard.
Regards

TheFox
15th Apr 2002, 21:52
As alphaalpha says i think these are in cap, as i had a quick look through the aip. In the aip it does mention CAP 427 FIS and FISO licence, which it says contains the written exam syllabus. This is available from westward documedia 01242 235151, www.westward.co.uk

OldbutWise
16th Apr 2002, 18:01
Thanks for the replies to my question regarding the F.I.S.O. exams. However I have downloaded the CAP 427 and 410 A&B publications from the CAA website which give a fairly comprehensive description of the exam requirement but in Cap 427 it mentions that there is an AIC which gives a sample of some of the questions that actually appear in the exam.

Now I am not trying to get the actual questions currently being used (though that would be very nice) but more a feel of how they break the CAP 410 down into exam format.

Anyway thanks again for your help.

Dannyboyblue
7th May 2002, 20:50
I had the same problem as you, there are just no papers avaliable for the subject.

So to resolve this i have written 3 detailed papers which contain almost all of the questions that can be taken from Cap 410 A and B and from Cap 427.

There are 90 questions in total over 3 papers which are in a similar format to the CAA ones.

So far i have trained 4 students sussefully from scratch which all used the papers, and passed.

The only charge for the papers is the printing costs becuse i belive they should be open to anybody who wishes to go into the FISO career path.

Just send me an e-mail and i will get them to you in the next avaliable post

Dan Johnson
Senior FISO Fairoaks ATS