PDA

View Full Version : FI - Restriction removal

soarfeet
17th Nov 2012, 21:35
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience of getting the restriction removed from their flight instructor rating (SEP aeroplanes), post EASA compliance ?

The updated form "Application to extend the priviledges of an instructor certificate" (SRG1133) has no section to include details of the 25 supervised solo flights required, along with 100 hours instruction, to have the restriction lifted.

I have been using the older version of the form, that has a section to list the supervised solos. When I contacted the CAA, I was advised I could send in the older form... but it could get returned if the emaniner decides to....

To me, the older form has the most of the "proof" that I've done the required work. Does anyone have any first hand experience of the proecess as of now ?
Also, is it worth just getting the licence re-issued as EASA now, seeing as we're all to go that way in a few years anyway ?

Whopity
17th Nov 2012, 21:50
The updated form "Application to extend the priviledges of an instructor certificate" (SRG1133) has no section to include details of the 25 supervised solo flights required, along with 100 hours instruction, to have the restriction lifted. There is a separate form SRG1133R (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1133RFFenabled1.pdf) to include this information.
is it worth just getting the licence re-issued as EASA nowAssuming you have a JAA licence, you don't have any choice as the CAA can only issue an EASA licence or a National Licence.

soarfeet
18th Nov 2012, 15:27
Cheers. I have a JAA licence. I presume I still need to complete form SRG1104 - "Application for EASA Part FCL Pilot Licence - Conversion of an existing National or JAR-FCL Licence issued by the United Kingdom", there being a separate fee involved there ?

Whopity
18th Nov 2012, 20:13
Correct and there are numerous items that have to be certified as well.