PDA

View Full Version : Elstree Flyers Flying School

HubertWilkins
9th Nov 2012, 08:46
After a lot of searching I am thinking of doing my PPL with the above school, based at Elstree.
Can anyone tell me if I am going to "a good home"?
The one thing I do not want is aggressive, stunt loving instructors.
Thanks in advance to anyone who has some info.
Ps: Elstree is logistically very, very convenient for me.

gemma10
9th Nov 2012, 12:28
New one on me. Try the Lion Flying Group, definitely no agresssion or stunts :ok:

FANS
9th Nov 2012, 12:38
Best bet is to do an hour's trial lesson, spend time at the school and speak to other students and take it from there.

Echo Romeo
9th Nov 2012, 14:35
Is there such a thing? as aggressive stunt loving instructors :rolleyes: surely not!

rgsaero
9th Nov 2012, 14:42
Before making any commitment to a school it's always wise to shop around, look at everything that's available at a particular airfield.

If convenient you are to Elstree, I suggest you look at Falcon Flying School, Flyers Flying School: Learn to Fly in London! (http://www.flyersflyingschool.co.uk/). Very experienced instructors with a good range of aircraft.

EFG Flying School
10th Nov 2012, 11:16
I'm assuming you mean "Flyers" Flying School as Falcon has been based in Biggin Hill since 1977.

Flyers seams like an amiable & experienced bunch though. If you are that local visit them and speak to the instructors. In regards to "stunt loving" instructors unless you are completing an aerobatics course i wouldn't worry.

AndoniP
12th Nov 2012, 12:46
Falcon was the old name - i think it changed name recently to Flyer's.

The instructors there are very good - all good ex-cabair people and extremely experienced.

I am hours building with them at the moment having completed my PPL at cabair but use flyer's as I know the instructors well.

HubertWilkins
16th Nov 2012, 17:37
Thanks for the info. Think. Have found my home.