PDA

View Full Version : PremiAir

Pages : [1] 2

JimBall
1st Nov 2012, 23:16
The PremiAir base at Denham has been closed this week and the buildings reclaimed by the landlord. A notice on the door bans entrance - written by an asset valuation company.
Thoughts are with some great employees.

Savoia
2nd Nov 2012, 06:51
Also see some of the comments on: http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/449442-von-essen-administration.html

g-mady
2nd Nov 2012, 08:02
That explains why they wouldn't offer us fuel this week!!?!

MADY

Bravo73
2nd Nov 2012, 08:56
What effect does this have on the London HEMS aircraft?

chevvron
2nd Nov 2012, 09:39
What effect does it have on the Blackbushe operation?

Dragpin
2nd Nov 2012, 10:15
The Hems aircraft has permission to carry on as normal

Captb747
2nd Nov 2012, 11:02
Thats a real shame...I hope those who were or are in charge take a long look at what has happened and hang their heads.....

Good Luck guys. Hope it all carries on at BB.....

Bravo73
2nd Nov 2012, 11:04
The Hems aircraft has permission to carry on as normal

From the same hangar?

g-mady
2nd Nov 2012, 13:31
same old story isnt it...

When the parent company suffered a few months ago the offical line goes out "it will not affect us" and then a few months down the line the doors close!

MADY

Captb747
2nd Nov 2012, 13:36
I am quite sure...not 100% certain but quite sure that id Davis didnt have anything to do with the running then it would be in a much better position.

As far as I am concerned that bloke should be shot......t:mad:at

heli14
2nd Nov 2012, 13:48
+1 to Captb747's comments.

Apparently it is only Denham affected. Fingers crossed for all concerned that the business continues from Blackbushe.

Dragpin
2nd Nov 2012, 14:14
Yes Bravo 73, from the same hanger. All with the landlords permission.

JimBall
2nd Nov 2012, 14:49
Jet A1 is still available at Denham, under the airfield's control. Call the airfield office.

"only Denham affected" - maybe. But that's still a lot of shocked employees who were told to get out of the buildings with no notice.

heli14
2nd Nov 2012, 14:58
JimBall - totally agree 100%, was not trying to suggest otherwise.

However I stand by my comment that I sincerely hope for all involved in the day-to-day operations, that the business is able to continue from Blackbushe (or elsewhere).

Bravo73
2nd Nov 2012, 15:15
Yes Bravo 73, from the same hanger. All with the landlords permission.

Ah, that's good to hear.

nigelh
2nd Nov 2012, 18:51
My thoughts are with all the guys at Denham . I hangared my squirrel there for a few years and the guys on the hangar floor were great . I still used to pop in for a coffee and ciggy and a gossip outside the back door . Very sad to see another company that should have flourished fail due to people in suits :ugh:

ShyTorque
2nd Nov 2012, 20:12
Very sad to see another company that should have flourished fail due to people in suits

Yes, in this case, as if often true, it's a huge shame for the shop floor workers.

As far as the ownership in a suit is concerned, what a terrible shame - couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke....could it?

Helinut
2nd Nov 2012, 20:19
Very sorry to hear this news. Best wishes to all the employees - hope you all find a slot in our "streamlined" industry.

From what has not been said, I assume the Premiar police pilots are still in work at their various bases? Fingers crossed.

wigglyamp
2nd Nov 2012, 20:30
Premiair seem to be going the same way Manns went 18 months ago. Is there another Gama in the wings to come to the rescue?

Fly_For_Fun
3rd Nov 2012, 09:18
Very sad news. Had a few years working for them and were some of the most enjoyable, great bunch and wish them all the best for the future.

heli14
3rd Nov 2012, 11:41
From what has not been said, I assume the Premiar police pilots are still in work at their various bases? Fingers crossed.

As far as I can find out, yes, the police pilots are all still employed and operating as normal. I believe that the company itself is still operating too, with charter aircraft and maintenance at Blackbushe, and that there have been no redundancies.

I just hope for the sake of all involved that what i've heard is correct, and that this does not change.

Anthony Supplebottom
3rd Nov 2012, 12:02
And the Royal contract?

Bravo73
3rd Nov 2012, 13:21
And the Royal contract?

...is nothing to do with PremiAir (other than occasionally borrowing pilots).

helisniper
3rd Nov 2012, 14:00
...is nothing to do with PremiAir

Well who does all their maintenance and the majority of their charter then?

Back to the thread - what a shame the owner has used the Company as a cash cow now all his other businesses have gone. I feel sorry for all those who have worked so hard to try to do their best in the face of adversity over the last few years.

Hopefully another owner can be found, but preferably one with more helicopter vision than GAMA turned out to have for the former Mann empire, and before the company loses all its remaining good people.

OvertHawk
3rd Nov 2012, 14:58
The rumour is that there are some interested parties in the wings but that Mr D@v!€$ is such a toxic entity that no-one has any interest in dealing with him so they will wait until the company goes into administration and deal with the administrators instead. (Can't say i blame them).

Hope it gets sorted soon for the good of all concerned.

OH

wigglyamp
3rd Nov 2012, 16:30
Helisniper:

"Hopefully another owner can be found, but preferably one with more helicopter vision than GAMA turned out to have for the former Mann empire, and before the company loses all its remaining good people"

What have Gama done to neglect helicopters? I understood they'd taken on all of the contract helicopter engineers, are re-furbing the Heli hangar and have actively pushed to attract new work.

VeeAny
3rd Nov 2012, 19:30
I hope all goes well for the folks at PremiAir, got some friends there.

LPS500
6th Nov 2012, 04:33
I too hope all goes well for the people there, I was one of the team from 2000-2005, based at Denham for most of those. A couple of articles on helihub.

UK – PremiAir problems mount with key resignation(s) | Helihub - the Helicopter Industry Data Source (http://helihub.com/2012/11/05/uk-premiair-problems-mount-with-key-resignations/)

UK – PremiAir stops trading at Denham – what’s next? | Helihub - the Helicopter Industry Data Source (http://helihub.com/2012/11/05/uk-premiair-stops-trading-at-denham-whats-next/)

jayteeto
6th Nov 2012, 10:39
Really sad news for the workforce. I left PremiAir a couple of years ago (on good terms!) and found them to be a great employer. Hopefully they will bounce back!

wigglyamp
8th Nov 2012, 19:52
any more news on what's happenning at Blackbushe?

MightyGem
9th Nov 2012, 20:27
Aircraft are landing, aircraft are taking off. :)

wokkaboy
10th Nov 2012, 12:32
any more news on what's happenning at Blackbushe?
Aircraft are landing, aircraft are taking off.

Let's re-phrase that...
Any more news on PremiAir at Blackbushe, now that Denham ops appears to have taken a turn for the worse?

:(

Anthony Supplebottom
10th Nov 2012, 14:37
Let's re-phrase that ... any more news on PremiAir at Blackbushe, now that Denham ops appears to have taken a turn for the worse?

The word hourglass comes to mind.

Would like to know what happened to those customers whose helis were locked in the hangars at Denham through PremiAir's non-payment of rent?

MightyGem
10th Nov 2012, 16:44
Any more news on PremiAir at Blackbushe, now that Denham ops appears to have taken a turn for the worse?
Yes, the Denham side of things is now operating out of Blackbush.

Cows getting bigger
10th Nov 2012, 17:51
Class. Reading between the lines, Premier owe Denham a shed load of money to the point that airfield management are forced to change the locks. I'll take a stab at a few hundred thousand in rent and fuel. One also presumes that there has been previous discussion between the parties as no one would be daft enough to lock the doors at the first opportunity. Management transfer business activity to another airfield, for which everyone should be eternally grateful, leaving Denham with an IOU.

Call me a bluff old traditionalist, but I'm not convinced this will do anything other than provide short term respite to an apparent cash flow problem; the elephant is almost definitely still in the room. The bit that gets under my skin is that for every company that fails, another is almost inevitably dragged down.

Brilliant Stuff
10th Nov 2012, 20:20
No customer helis were affected, nor any PremiAir helis.

SFIM
11th Nov 2012, 02:41
Lets hope blackbushe are offering rent / fuel etc on a prepay basis :)

EESDL
13th Nov 2012, 19:42
.............and let us hope Denham get paid..........

Brilliant Stuff
14th Nov 2012, 18:17
PremiAir got sold today.:ok:

To Graham Avery....who he?

Helinut
14th Nov 2012, 19:47
I hope it all works out.

No obvious aviator with that name after a brief search.

eglk01
14th Nov 2012, 20:30
First S76 VONC Left on low loader tonight from the Bushe destination unknown!! rest ex von essen machines rumored departing tomorrow sometime.

cheers.

wigglyamp
15th Nov 2012, 20:37
Is the rumour about a new owner true?

Brilliant Stuff
15th Nov 2012, 21:03
Not a rumour, but fact.

misterbonkers
15th Nov 2012, 22:09
I heard they were heading for a hangar at Fairoaks...!

chevvron
16th Nov 2012, 09:13
I understand it's only the 'hangar queens' which have been moved.

Anthony Supplebottom
16th Nov 2012, 09:42
First S76 VONC Left on low loader tonight from the Bushe destination unknown!

This is not possible because,

Aircraft are landing, aircraft are taking off.

and,

I heard they were heading for a hangar at Fairoaks...!

unless its unserviceable, why the heck would you put an S76 on a low loader instead of flying it from Blackbushe to Fairoaks?

chevvron
16th Nov 2012, 10:16
I heard the one(s) being moved by road had been 'robbed' of parts.

misterbonkers
16th Nov 2012, 10:35
A low loader probably costs less than employing one of those S76 freelance pilots...;)

chevvron
16th Nov 2012, 10:53
According to Farnborough-aviation-group.co.uk - Login (http://www.farnborough.proboards.com) (Blackbushe thread) it was VONA, VONB and VONE in addition to VONC.

g-mady
16th Nov 2012, 12:33
why does every aviation company that has a financial difficulties seem to lead back to Fairoaks on some way! :{

MADY

chevvron
16th Nov 2012, 12:42
I couldn't possibly comment.

Qualityman
16th Nov 2012, 19:19
Haven't seen them at Fairoaks yet but that's only because I haven't had a nose around the Hangars today!
I did however see the aircraft mentioned moving up the M3 on low loaders towards Fairoaks undercover of darkness on Wednesday and Thursday evening.

Very sad.

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
16th Nov 2012, 22:17
A little bird informed me some time ago that Premiair had lost their credit rating with some spares suppliers.

Obviously, this was just a rumour back then. But obviously, if an aircraft is serviceable then it would be flown to a new owner/buyer, rather than ignominiously stuck on a low-loader and driven away in the dark.

chevvron
17th Nov 2012, 18:05
Rumour is the new owner is Goodwood based. If they move there and with Starspeed already gone, what will happen to that hangar?

Anthony Supplebottom
17th Nov 2012, 18:15
It will probably be up for rent/sale/redevelopment.

expatflyer
17th Nov 2012, 22:51
The auctions would soon fill the hangars with cars!

ShyTorque
18th Nov 2012, 14:40
One must wonder if a certain S-76 in a nice maroon paint scheme will need to go looking for a new base.

Anthony Supplebottom
18th Nov 2012, 14:45
When I raised a question in that area the response was -

... nothing to do with PremiAir (other than occasionally borrowing pilots).

So if that answer is correct then the maroon heli should be just fine.

Palma
18th Nov 2012, 17:02
Maybe Mr Graham Avery (whoever he may be) has done a deal with Brenda?

expatflyer
18th Nov 2012, 20:08
Here's a bit about Mr Avery.

How the jute scam was masterminded (http://m.rediff.com/money/2005/may/30jute1.htm#)

Camp Freddie
18th Nov 2012, 23:52
Sounds like everything at "new premiair" is going to be just peachy :)

ShyTorque
19th Nov 2012, 09:56
Let's hope so. The employees have been having a rough time for too long.

Anthony Supplebottom
19th Nov 2012, 10:05
Out of the frying pan?

Whirlygig
19th Nov 2012, 12:58
Out of the frying pan? I reckon so ....

Just carried out a brief search at Companies House - funny that there is a Graham Avery, born 17.02.1945 who was a director of Titaghur (and Victoria Jute) and also a Graham Avery, born 17.02.1965, also a director of Titaghur. Two directors, same name, same birthday but 20 years apart? Have we been telling porkies on our Annual Returns, hmmmm? :hmm:

Cheers

Whirls

mugwumps
20th Nov 2012, 06:11
Obviously just because a company has been bought does not mean the problems are over.The new owner or directors may decide that all the good work prior to their ownership was rubbish and try it their way.The company could then collapse again.
A company is as good as its staff and when the long term people leave assuming they are not dead wood,then what have you got?

Snarlie
22nd Nov 2012, 05:16
It is bitterly disappointing to see a company with such an illustrious pedigree as Premiair ( over the years McAlpine Helicopters, OSS, Air Hanson, Signature, Lynton Aviation and Eurpean Helicopters have all donated their best ) laid low by the ill judged meddlings of so called commercial experts. If you care to study the management structures of those renowned forebears you will detect a strong representation of aviators, albeit old and wrinkly in some cases,at board level who knew the particular foibles of an aviation company and who were able to curb the business school dogma driven excesses of the commercial whizz kids.

In my view Premiair`s problems began under a previous MD who, when faced with spiralling engineering costs decided the best way to economise was to axe a large proportion of the licensed engineers, the very seed corn of the company.In their place he recruited more administrative staff and expanded Human Resources, like it says in the manual. On realising the folly of his move, some of the engineers were brought back as contractors but on higher pay and without the goodwill or company loyalty. Sadly, the die was cast even then.

What is the answer? EASY - turn the clock back to the 80`s when Hanson were at Brooklands, McAlpine were at Hayes, Manns were at Fairoaks and everone knew Lynton were the best.

Savoia
22nd Nov 2012, 08:33
.. and everyone knew Lynton were the best.

You've made me choke on my infuso d'erbe! Lol!

Mann's, McAlpine's and Hanson were all fairly distinctive by the 80's but, as we know, Mann's failed to re-invest (in numerous areas) and began to lose their footing and, eventually, their distributorship too and which had been their commercial lifeblood.

McAlpine's were also driven (to a large extent) by their distributorship and somewhere along the line I think Hanson's picked-up the Bell distributorship for a season.

I agree with some of what you have said but .. I believe the solution is perhaps exemplified in the form of Starspeed. If I understand it correctly, Starspeed's shareholdings are offered to their employees and those whose who can afford to do so buy into the company and offer their shares up for sale again when they leave. As I say, I don't know if this is an accurate portrayal of what goes on but it's what I've been told.

In the case of Mann's, McAlpine's, Hanson, Ferranti and others .. there was one common denominator .. the parent company when facing fiscal challenge would simply severe its subsidiaries .. pretty unceremoniously in some cases.

In a company which is owned by those actively working in the industry (eg. Starspeed) this is (obviously) far less likely to happen as the shareholders have a vested interest in ensuring the company's survival - against all odds if necessary.

There is one British rotary-wing company (also a distributor) which harkens back to before the 80's. Its owner is a member of PPRuNe. He keeps a low profile. His business has trundled along year after year steadily growing, he offers excellent service. Because he is interested in the industry he has kept his hand steadily on the tiller and the results (as described) are plain to see.

So, sometimes, just sometimes .. it works out.

Helinut
22nd Nov 2012, 13:47
This does not exactly sound like the take-over/buyout/sale has fully resolved things, to put it mildly. :confused:

Helinut
22nd Nov 2012, 20:01
I have a terrible fear that by the time the recession and EASA have done their stuff, sadly there will be very little left of the commercial helicopter charter industry in the UK. Just think of the list of outfits that have already gone.

Not sure about elsewhere in Europe.

If you add to that the upheaval associated with NPAS, things are not looking rosy.

That leaves offshore and HEMS really and one or two utility ops.

Brilliant Stuff
23rd Nov 2012, 10:36
I am told the reason why the VON fleet got lowloaded was because they were actually owned by the VonEssen hotel chain which went under and the banks called in their loans etc. But the fleet is on their way back to Blackbushe.

Maybe that's what happened at Oxford, the administrators of the VonEssen group recouping the assets...

Captb747
23rd Nov 2012, 10:45
I am told the reason why the VON fleet got lowloaded was because they were actually owned by the VonEssen hotel chain which went under and the banks called in their loans etc. But the fleet is on their way back to Blackbushe.

I was under the impression that this was the case when Von Essen Hotels went into administration so they transfered the fleet to Premiair Business aviation or something like that. GINFO supports this but I could be wrong.

I do hope the heli,s are on their way back to BB so they can be chartered and flown and maybe start turning fortunes.....

J&K
23rd Nov 2012, 11:54
It is my understanding that all the VON fleet are now re-possessed, now fully owned by the bank. I believe plans are already well in place for them to be dealt with then sold. It would appear that they won't be going back to Blackbushe unless Mr Avery gets his chequebook out pretty darn quick.

wokkaboy
23rd Nov 2012, 13:10
The problem is UK helicopter companies are often run/purchased by people who don't know anything about aviation.

Neil Bellis and Lucy Cummings could tell them exactly how not to run an aviation company(s).

:hmm:

Sky Sports
27th Nov 2012, 12:58
Anyone got an update?

Camp Freddie
30th Nov 2012, 04:55
It's always the little people that get screwed over while the owners and former owners still manage to drive round in their Aston Martins 🚘

Qualityman
30th Nov 2012, 15:15
employees were apparently told sometime yesterday that they would be paid either today or Monday. Let's hope so..... Been there done that !!

It's always the little people that get screwed over while the owners and former owners still manage to drive round in their Aston Martins 🚘 And That!

Neil Bellis and Lucy Cummings could tell them exactly how not to run an aviation company(s). NOT !! LMFAO!!!

Best of luck to all of you at Premiair - there is always light at the end of the tunnel for good people.

wigglyamp
3rd Dec 2012, 16:29
Was pay forthcoming today? A company is only as good as it's staff and the best will walk if not getting paid.

Harry O
3rd Dec 2012, 19:53
Is the new Premiar owner as mentioned in the companies house posting on 19th Nov, or is the new owner another person with the same name?

helihub
4th Dec 2012, 21:04
Captb747 - you said....
they transfered the fleet to Premiair Business aviation or something like that

Don't read anything in to that - it was merely a renaming exercise with the company "Von Essen Aviation Ltd" just becoming "Premiair Aviation Holdings Ltd"

Captb747
5th Dec 2012, 02:18
Don't read anything in to that - it was merely a renaming exercise with the company "Von Essen Aviation Ltd" just becoming "Premiair Aviation Holdings Ltd"

What I think i was talking about was when Von Essen went into administration a couple of years back or whenever it was....That said...yes I guess it was.

Am pleased the guys and girls got paid....eventually!!!!

expatflyer
12th Dec 2012, 17:02
What's the latest on this, how's the new owner shaping up?

helisniper
13th Dec 2012, 18:20
Expatflyer

Don't expect any posts from a PremiAir pilot - there's not many left!

There's as much info about what's really going on as there is regarding Air Harrods and their recent incident and subsequent AAIB investigation!

MightyGem
13th Dec 2012, 18:56
Don't worry, there are lots of us left. The only recent casualties have been due to NPAS.:mad:

expatflyer
21st Dec 2012, 20:30
Have the guys been paid this month?

expatflyer
22nd Dec 2012, 09:29
Lets hope they get paid next week, the new owner is taking lessons from the last one!

Fly_For_Fun
22nd Dec 2012, 12:19
Best wishes to all the lads and lasses. Hope the new year brings better times.

wigglyamp
3rd Jan 2013, 18:22
Did December salaries get paid finally - is the new owner being honest with the staff and turning things around as hoped?

FreelanceKid
3rd Jan 2013, 19:06
Did December salaries get paid finally

Yes...and no...(or not yet, anyway it seems...)

I hear on the grapevine that engineers and pilots were paid at the very end of December, but that office staff and managers have not yet been paid...

It seems the new owner is really trying to endear himself to the employees :ugh:

Hope it works out for all affected.

expatflyer
4th Jan 2013, 07:48
Thats not good, the Admin staff's pay needs to be sorted out quickly. Sounds remarkably similar to another company.....has the new owner taken lessons from the Longmint saga???
I would think its time for all at Premiair to look for another job...

Helinut
4th Jan 2013, 12:00
For some of the occupations that is easier said than done. Premiair also seems to have retained its contracts, so that work has still to be done thru Premiair.

FreelanceKid
4th Jan 2013, 17:11
Appears that outstanding December salaries were paid today. Glad that those affected got paid - eventually.

Collective Action
17th Jan 2013, 00:11
I think back to the days of the money machine - with Christopher Tennant and Bill Grieve......never happened on their watch thats for sure. :D

Snarlie
17th Jan 2013, 10:39
As time passes rose tinted glasses have a habit of getting rosier. Even under the legendary Chris Tennant there were instances of pension payments being witheld, freelancers being paid late and bills relating to managed aircraft not being paid, in spite of the client being invoiced. As for Bill Grieve, the less said the better....!

Collective Action
18th Jan 2013, 04:28
Snarlie - I knew them well and found them absolutely great to deal with - Christopher was a wonderful old rogue and he surrounded himself with loyal able people. Not sure what your last comment was reference - I thought (as did several others including the then Chief Pilot Chester Armstrong and Chief Trg Captain Graham Westgate - that they did well - pm me please...:D

Kalif
18th Jan 2013, 15:27
Snarlie - You obviously have a problem!

Christopher Tennant and Bill Grieve ran a very tight ship and made money. The employees were loyal and would have gone above and beyond the extra mile for either of them. Show me a company at present that is anywhere near as good as Lynton was....

Snarlie
18th Jan 2013, 17:18
If you care to look back to my post of 22 Nov 2012, currently on Page 4 of this thread, you will see that I make the assertion that Lynton were the best back then. I was merely proposing caution when painting a rosier picture than was actually the case at the time just prior to Lynton buying Dollar.

I agree wholeheartedly that CT ran a tight ship and his boys were loyal and would have gone to the ends of the earth for him but that did not stop him using questionable accounting methods on occasion to balance the books. I can verify that, on occasion, pension contributions were withheld without telling the employee and charges received from owners of managed aircraft for landing fees and fuel were not passed on to the supplier, resulting, on one memorable occasion in an aircraft being impounded down the line.

But you are quite right, no-one left and whenever a group of old lags get together there is always an, ` Ahhh Lynton ` moment.

Collective Action
18th Jan 2013, 23:37
Saw this letter from Christopher Tennant and lots of other Lynton Aviation paraphernalia posted by the same user - William leslie grieve bill grieve - personal thanks from christop... (http://www.slideshare.net/bsrcrgrieve/william-leslie-grieve-bill-grieve-personal-thanks-from-christopher-tennant-ceo-lynton-aviation)

There is not much on the internet or about on Lynton Aviation, but many of the old brochures etc are to be found in the same user account. A few interesting non Lynton bits in that account as well which I was not aware of - but which explain a lot. Perhaps some of the past Lyntonites like Ian Ross, Ian Miller, Matt Reynolds, Andy Dixon, Ty Corley and the many pilots like Ian Field Kevin Gleeson Graham Westgate Barrie Shepherd Chester Armstrong and all the freelancers etc might put up some Lynton tagged pictures - on Photobucket or the like. I am sure there are a lot about - simply never consolidated. In it's day Lynton certainly did things and Christopher Tennant was the ideal head. Just my 5 Pence worth.:)

MightyGem
19th Jan 2013, 19:21
Christopher Tennant and Bill Grieve
Am I missing something here. Having been with PremiAir for 15 years, since the days of OSS, I don't recognise those names. Mind you being out on a Police unit tends to keep us out of touch. :O

airpolice
19th Jan 2013, 20:06
What d'you mean "since the days of OSS"?

Have I missed something?

handysnaks
19th Jan 2013, 20:07
MG. I think Lynton was more corporate and charter. I'm sure if Kalif wasn't such a busy man he could fill you in on the details!

MightyGem
19th Jan 2013, 21:43
What d'you mean "since the days of OSS"?

Have I missed something?
Operational Support Services>McAlpine Aviation Services>PremiAir.

I think Lynton was more corporate and charter.
So they were with Lynton and not PremiAir then.

tomotomp
19th Jan 2013, 23:00
Lynton was the pre PremiAir, it was when I joined Air Hanson , Lynton, BBA, Signature then PremiAir.:ok:

Collective Action
20th Jan 2013, 05:29
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/Lynton%20Aviation/ChristopherTennantLyntonAviation.jpg

Kalif
20th Jan 2013, 07:15
Come on Mighty Gem buck up...:O:

Chris formed European Helicopters which eventually formed into Lynton Aviation at Denham. Acquired Air Hanson and with it Blackbushe. Chris, for very good reasons sold Lynton to BBA Signature who eventually sold off the helicopter side of things to McAlpines and hence PremiAir was born. I did hear rumour that there were some police pilots in the company but they were surely just a figment of the imagination...

Potted history and not signing it off as correct but as said Chris and Bill ran a tight ship, made money, had fun along with a good reputation; what company can lay claim to those attributes these days?

Savoia
20th Jan 2013, 08:26
Kalif: You keep repeating this challenge as to whether any company is/was as good as 'Lynton' and which is, of course, derisible.

In your own Britain there is a single company in the charter/sales and general aviation market which has stayed the course and garnered favour from staff and customers alike. They don't need to be named because the are the only outfit (as stated) that has withstood the test of time.

We all have organisations that mean something to us (and I am glad that Lyntons brings back warm memories for you) but to say they were the only successful, well-run operation is simply inaccurate. As I say, a 'living' example exists upon your shores to this very day.

Collective Action
20th Jan 2013, 09:32
@S

Potted history and not signing it off as correct

Wow - talk about setting a hare running.....

I think it was a simple light hearted question "Tight ship, made money, had fun and enjoyed a good reputation"...

Probably the most important thing they did at Lynton was to have fun. And it started at the top - CT was exceptionally humorous and eloquent, simply "one of those" people not often found. Nonetheless - it's all gone.

History mate - dust and ashes.

For those interested - located about 1500 pictures - on the subject - with many old faces, BHAB din dins and lots of technical pics too. Search on Photobucket. :)

Collective Action
22nd Jan 2013, 02:35
Reliably told this was taken at the Hilton Hotel when a team dinner was exchanged with BA for few hours flying in an AS350...recognise a few faces or backs of heads ?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/P3050001.jpg

There are about 1500 pics in this album, including some hilarious ones, probably never seen before - even a few of Thomo Thompson smiling broadly. And looks like Jim Trott below if I am not mistaken...?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/P3050002.jpg

and a happy face from an old hand - methinks heli pilot Dave Kinelly(?)

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/P3050005.jpg

I have had a large number of PM's about the link. All the pics can be found here....bsrcrgrieve's Library | Photobucket (http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/) judging by the name I can guess who owns the account.

212man
22nd Jan 2013, 08:21
A few I recognise there that I've flown with, been flown by or both!

John Rawlings, Jim Trott, Alan Harper, Graham Westgate, Geff Clements, Kevin Gleeson...

wokkaboy
22nd Jan 2013, 16:37
I believe it's Dave Witney in the picture above. Nice chap, worked with him years ago.

ShyTorque
22nd Jan 2013, 16:53
Collective Action,

Why, in that second photo, is someone else's wife fork feeding GC? I know he's getting on a bit, but....... ;)

Collective Action
22nd Jan 2013, 23:39
Shy Torque,

Methinks you meant "getting on a bit" not "getting one bit"....Ho Ho ;)

Looks like Marilyn from accounts to me???

Collective Action
23rd Jan 2013, 00:46
Trying to load the pics as a slideshow...but simply won't...

So - here's a link to around 200 pics....

Lynton Aviation Photos by bsrcrgrieve | Photobucket (http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/Lynton%20Aviation/)

Collective Action
23rd Jan 2013, 06:33
Found a few more - and an interesting tale told.....:-)

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/P7070032.jpg

"Bazza" Barrie Shepherd

Now for the funny stuff....

So I am told.......Once upon a time at a BHAB dinner far away in another space and time......

A very young Lynton Ops Jedi made stew (or something) in a basin in a room....

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF0067.jpg

This was so funny (apparently) ....that Tomo almost bust a gut...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF0075.jpg

Chester Armstrong thought it was hilariously abysmal - "troops in high spirits".....

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF0077.jpg

Geoff Holder thought it was all terribly amusing

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF00132.jpg

The rest of the chaps looked on in awe....

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF00142.jpg

Geoff left with a smile on his face...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF00053.jpg

Tomo was still laughing on the way back home...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF00043.jpg

David Voy and Barry (?) looked on mysteriously...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF0047.jpg

Chester Paul Boyd and Graham Westgate spoke about it seriously

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF0033.jpg

Pat Newall wanted Richie to face up to it...whatever it was...?While Kev Gleeson wasn't impressed and was deciding should he beat him or eat him...:=

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF0023.jpg

And so the legend goes....or is it "grows" ?...

I do understand a good time was had by all and no animals were hurt in the making of this infomercial...

:):):)

Collective Action
23rd Jan 2013, 06:40
Flying Arnie methinks...?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/Barrie.jpg

ShyTorque
23rd Jan 2013, 08:43
Ha Ha
Shy Torque,

Methinks you meant "getting on a bit" not "getting one bit"....Ho Ho

Oops, yes my bad! :p

Mind you, you never know your luck! :cool:

MightyGem
23rd Jan 2013, 15:21
Looks like this has turned into a Linton love in. :rolleyes:

I did hear rumour that there were some police pilots in the company but they were surely just a figment of the imagination...

Yeah, we were the ones bringing in a steady regular income every month. :E

Thud_and_Blunder
27th Jan 2013, 22:34
Some fantastic photos on this thread. Even though I've never had any involvement with Lynton or PremiAir, it's interesting to see faces from the start of my time in the crabs (Geoff Clements, Chester Armstrong) and some from later on (I'm convinced Dipper Dalley is in one of the more formal shots). At least they're all recognisable; a glance through a recent BALPA 'Log' had an article by one Steve Smirthwaite, who I'd never have recognised from his tagline picture. Wonder if the same thing's happened to me...

wigglyamp
1st Feb 2013, 18:40
So has it been the first on-time pay day under the new ownership?

Collective Action
3rd Feb 2013, 07:03
Had some pm's to post a few more (guess it saves everyone time...). Just in case anyone (and I had a few....) thinks I picked on Richie Mason - I didn't. Found this great pic of him and " 'er indoors "- Allie methinks (?) at Silverstone one year. Nice pic Richard.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/P70700352.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/P70700372.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/P7070014.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/P70700092.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/P7070005.jpg

A young Andy Dixon:cool:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/P3060044.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/OOIOext-1.jpg

Looks like Becky (?) from European Helicopters

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/me.jpg

A smiling John Rawlings methinks

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/P7070046.jpg

Aha - Could it be Caro Pack an old Lyntonite?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF0040.jpg

Huxley Cowen I do believe ?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF0044.jpg

The new team who took over Lynton methinks ?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF0011.jpg

A delightful pic of early pilot training by Graham Westgate

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF00014.jpg

and just before I run out of time...

A great pilot and a freelancer and a legend RIP Alistar

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/bsrcrgrieve/DSCF0001-1.jpg

And hey ho hey ho - it's off to work I go....

grumpymonkey
4th Feb 2013, 16:54
So has it been the first on-time pay day under the new ownership?

Nope and not today either!:mad:

expatflyer
20th Feb 2013, 17:44
What's the latest news from the Bush has everyone been paid yet or are the new owners still keeping everyone dangling by a thread?

MightyGem
21st Feb 2013, 02:03
Everyone's been paid.

LPS500
21st Feb 2013, 05:18
18 hours ago a friend of mine said "haven't been paid for Jan and payday for Feb is next Wednesday".

Everyone has been paid for Jan nearly a month late?

Fly_For_Fun
21st Feb 2013, 11:12
This is a real sorry state of affairs. I have very fond memories of working for Macs and Premiair and it would be a shame if it were to end the same way as some other well known companies like Sterling.

expatflyer
21st Feb 2013, 18:57
It certainly sounds like the writing is on the wall, an upset workforce, many now actively jumping ship, customers taking aircraft elsewhere for maintenance and what is to become of the RTO, surely they will be on the move soon....!
It is the end of an era, Air Hanson - BBA / Signature - Lynton - PremiAir.
A lot of good people have worked for those companies lets hope those that are left find a good employer to work for.

Harry O
21st Feb 2013, 22:08
If Premiar staff jump ship - where to?
Which UK operators will survive the recession?
Bond have deep pockets, not sure about other onshore operators?

wigglyamp
22nd Feb 2013, 11:44
A number of Premiair engineers seem to be joining Gama at Fairoaks and some customer S76s have now appeared there on maintenance.

expatflyer
28th Feb 2013, 21:11
I wonder if the new owners have again defaulted on their contracted obligation to its loyal remaining workforce ?

expatflyer
6th Mar 2013, 21:30
I guess by the lack of recent posts on this subject there can't be anyone left at Blackbushe..

chevvron
7th Mar 2013, 09:08
Still hearing PremiAir callsigns on the radio as of Tue 5th.
VONC occasionally appears out of the hangar at Fairoaks with rotor blades attached but as far as I'm aware isn't flown.

wigglyamp
7th Mar 2013, 18:59
Seems like most Premiair engineers have left and joined Gama at Fairoaks or Vector in Gosport with one or two to ECUK. How long can the business survive at Blackbushe with no almost no staff and most customers already gone elsewhere?

onthe ground
9th Mar 2013, 19:41
well no pay this week :( down to 6 heli's ,end of the month will be down to about 5 may be 3 engineers, but on a firm footing for going forward:ok:
HOW with no customer's and no staff

Camp Freddie
9th Mar 2013, 23:12
Can someone tell me what has happened to the pilots? How many there was and is now? and where the leavers might have gone too

jaybob777
10th Mar 2013, 09:55
So what actually remains of this once iconic brand?
From a long range it all seems very sad. Is there an effective management in place, how many pilots, engineers, ground staff etc?
With Spring upon us and major corporate events looming, business should be on the up? Growth, prosperity and employment one would think....

Brilliant Stuff
10th Mar 2013, 10:26
I am told a number of pilots went offshore and a number have been picked up by former customers.
You gotta feel for the office staff.:{

onthe ground
10th Mar 2013, 11:19
PremiAir is a sinking ship ,nobody trusts Avery ,he's full of broken promise's.
Every month he has said there is investment coming ,but nothing comes ,he has lost the trust of the staff and customers .Going back 3/4 years we had 67 helicopters at the bush both hangars were packed out and the pad was full ,now were down to 5 customers left ,back in the day of hanson we were the best, everyone wanted to be there ,the customer came frist ,I think what went wrong was selling to Davis and having a certain MD :mad:and his buddy as engineenring director ,wish we had gone in to adminastration we would be on the up now

Garfs
10th Mar 2013, 15:08
Hello folks

Back in 2007 when I was still a bobby I got a ride in a Police 135 in Mereyside and there was a pilot covering for the regular pilot. It was a good night got a mixture of pursuits and bits of this and that. I chatted with the pilot whose name I think was Jonathan Mawson (First name Def Jonathan, last name not too sure)

Anyone happen to know of him and where he is nowadays? I thought it would just be nice to get n touch again and let him know what I have done job wise since, ie leaving the police and after doing bits of flying in diff parts of the world now managed to land a job offshore in Asia.

Alternatively if youre reading this please feel to PM me. Cheers

Thanks for your time

Garfs

dmouseair
10th Mar 2013, 16:46
Well the name sounds sort of familiar...:ok:

I'm off in April...

Brilliant Stuff
14th Mar 2013, 13:18
Since when is your first name Jonathan? Or is your stage name?
He hasn't been the same since he was on the tele......:}

We love you in any case!

What Limits
15th Mar 2013, 01:10
dmousair, that must be an enviable record, 12 years since joining and 6 posts! Well done for being an expert lurker!

Hope you are well.

dmouseair
19th Mar 2013, 14:56
When you are as tall as me it's not hard to keep a low profile :p

Grenville Fortescue
22nd Mar 2013, 20:06
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-u61SbAyq1Lk/UUy5JV-dScI/AAAAAAAAMZk/FUNjbAWnq9s/s547/G-BURS+Blackbushe.jpg

Taken yesterday at Blackbushe.

If you were to remove the parcel wrap the tail would read G-BURS.

Camp Freddie
22nd Mar 2013, 20:47
The whole thing feels like a slow moving train wreck !

expatflyer
23rd Mar 2013, 07:05
There can't be many helicopters left in the hangar or engineers for that matter!

ubique
23rd Mar 2013, 08:25
What has happened to the Denham operation including G-EHMS?

Captb747
23rd Mar 2013, 13:42
To be fair, G-BURS has been for sale for quite a long time and not owned by Premiair. Of course there could be another reason.

Helinut
23rd Mar 2013, 15:14
Ubique,

The London HEMS is really nothing to do with Premiair, except they used to operate out of the hangar Premiair rented. Presumably, there is still plenty of space for a little 902, now that all the other aircraft have gone.

JimBall
23rd Mar 2013, 15:16
HEMS moved to Northolt 2 months ago.

wigglyamp
23rd Mar 2013, 16:43
So where has G-BURS moved to - Gama at Fairoaks, Vector at Gosport or somewhere else?

FloaterNorthWest
23rd Mar 2013, 18:20
Vector for it's overdue annual.

onthe ground
23rd Mar 2013, 18:48
burs had a gearbox problem before christmas so been on the ground since and now shipped out to vector as is ursa for its annual ,left in the hangar now is 4 heli's ,few more staff leaving at the end of the month

expatflyer
23rd Mar 2013, 19:02
A 1980 S76, is it really economically viable to rebuild it?

Anthony Supplebottom
23rd Mar 2013, 19:29
As asked before, does any of this affect Rainbow 1 ?

OvertHawk
23rd Mar 2013, 21:05
Rainbow is long gone

terminus mos
24th Mar 2013, 00:32
.A 1980 S76, is it really economically viable to rebuild it?

No, probably not.

A large operator recently "traded" their remaining A+s on a deal for Ds but not all are in flying condition and will probably go for scrap.

Even the C+ XXEA which was taken in trade for XXEB wasn't sold last time I checked (which was a while ago) and could have been bought for $3m. Sikorsky also had a few other corporate low time C+s for sale not that long ago.

I know of a fully re furbished low time EMS configured C which has been for sale for 4 years.

There are at least 3 offshore configured A++s in Australia for sale but they are past their use by date for the oil and gas industry.

expatflyer
24th Mar 2013, 08:31
I wonder if BURS had been inhibited if it has been sat on the ground ?
Sounds like a sell it for spares aircraft...

onthe ground
24th Mar 2013, 12:44
rainbow 1 has a new base ,moved out about 2 months ago

Anthony Supplebottom
24th Mar 2013, 12:57
Would any one care to divulge where Rainbow is now based and who does the maintenance. They used to have a hangar within a hangar at Blackbushe, I wonder what the set-up is now?

Brilliant Stuff
24th Mar 2013, 14:40
At a place with some serious security! We don't need to advertise this info on PPrune, do we?:confused:

Sky Sports
2nd Apr 2013, 18:38
I see that Danger Mouse banged out today. Anyone left now? Is there a sweepstake on who is turning off the lights?

LPS500
3rd Apr 2013, 04:41
I wonder who is left. Wonder if LT my old boss is still there? I heard RH was still hanging in there? Sorry don't know who danger mouse is. First name Dave maybe, older fixed wing guy? How times have changed since I left in 2004 ish.....

helihub
3rd Apr 2013, 15:15
Would any one care to divulge where Rainbow is now based

On a military airfield - whether that is as secure as the hangar-in-a-hangar (which was itself built for Middle East royalty!!!) I leave you to decide.

chevvron
4th Apr 2013, 09:55
S***speed seem to be being used more often for 'Royals'.

Anthony Supplebottom
4th Apr 2013, 10:07
Makes sense if Premiair are folding. They're clearly not going to use Harrods.

Re: Rainbow, I can only guess that its gone to the same place as the London air ambulance.

chevvron
4th Apr 2013, 12:37
Much of the Rainbow trade seems to be Highgrove/Gatcomb so maybe it's somewhere more convenient for this.

chevvron
4th Apr 2013, 16:41
Saw Premiair van at Fairoaks about an hour ago, in the car park which leads to S***speed.

jaybob777
4th Apr 2013, 18:27
Almost one month since my last comment. Now I read '25' ish staff remaining. How can a business descend so rapidly? Where's the leadership? There must be some anger around the patch in various quarters, but I can't help thinking its such a sad end to something that was so good.

Savoia
4th Apr 2013, 18:54
It is indeed sad but .. as was said many moons ago .. the writing was on the wall:

Originally posted by Savoia on 23rd April 2011

As mentioned on another thread where this was initially reported, the writing was on the wall for a number of City financiers familiar with Davies' operations.

By all counts PremiAir's operations are, on the whole, commendable - even admirable, and Heli01's 'face-saving' comments in their support (via the information of his 'contact') are therefore understandable.

To suggest however that the collapse of PremiAir's sister company will have zero impact on their operations either now or in the future is perhaps optimistic. My understanding was that Von Essen hotels part-funded the initial acquisition of PremiAir?

We shall see what transpires.

This would however be a good time for the boys at Starspeed to focus their efforts in preparedness for 'catching' any business which might emerge from the current uncertainties - that's how the business world survives!

See: http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/449442-von-essen-administration.html

expatflyer
4th Apr 2013, 20:58
The buzz is that even senior management have now bombed out including the HR woman!

vfr440
5th Apr 2013, 09:21
Think Ch Eng resigned yesterday - rudderless?

ShyTorque
5th Apr 2013, 11:26
Sad to hear. Not long since they were probably the market leader.

Isn't a designated Chief Engineer a mandatory requirement in order to maintain their AOC? If so (and I think it is) they would need to recruit another asap or the company has gone the way of the Dodo.

FloaterNorthWest
5th Apr 2013, 18:04
Not a Chief Engineer for an AOC. A Continuing Airworthiness Manager for an AOC - not always the same person.

Not having a nominated Chief Engineer will have an affect on their Part 145 Approval. If they still have a Part 145!

ShyTorque
5th Apr 2013, 18:23
FNW, You are more correct; I was thinking in practical terms, i.e. they need to maintain the aircraft they flew on their AOC.

CharlieXray
11th Apr 2013, 22:03
The problem is that Avery got greedy and knows little about running the aviation, i heard from a reliable source that he did try and bring a business partner in who runs a small fixed wing outfit who was also the lead into investment. Apparently the deal was done, but Avery wanted personal money up front so the deal fell through before xmas and his apparent business partner dumped Avery and has continued on seperately. This all could have been avoided:= if he had taken the deal before xmas, but it proves its not about the company its about himself and none of his promises have come to light yet. Its over for premiair sadly.

chevvron
12th Apr 2013, 08:17
GVONB just made a brief appearance outside GAMA; no rotor blades and didn't seem to have any engines either.

heli1
15th Apr 2013, 08:10
Looks like a clear case of asset stripping(literally) to me.I gather the Blackbushe hangar is being leased to a fixed wing dealer?

expatflyer
1st May 2013, 13:39
It seems like for another month pay has been selective...some got paid others didn't, does this new owner, sorry friend of the old owner wants to have a business ???

2nd May 2013, 10:09
All I say is Pension Contributions....

ShyTorque
2nd May 2013, 18:47
I cut up my Premiair security pass today..... can't see me needing that again.

chevvron
13th Jun 2013, 08:25
One of the 'old' S76s departed Fairoaks on a trailer a couple of weeks ago. Rumour is it has been sold in the USA. If the company is in liquidation, is this legal?

Grenville Fortescue
13th Jun 2013, 08:39
If the liquidators or agency acting on behalf of the liquidators is authorised to do so then yes. It could be part of a process involving raising cash to clear creditors beginning (hopefully) with their employees.

JWRH
18th Jun 2013, 08:43
Saw VONC being loaded onto a roll on roll off ferry a few weeks ago looking in a very sorry state - ship was bound for Newark!

wigglyamp
18th Jun 2013, 19:51
I think you'll find it was VONB. VONC is still at Fairoaks.

chevvron
18th Jun 2013, 21:55
The one I saw departing Fairoaks had the reg covered over, but logically it would be VONB as it was often pushed out of the hangar and back in to re-position other aircraft.

chevvron
4th Jul 2013, 09:41
2 more being loaded up on low loaders.

Heliboater
4th Jul 2013, 09:44
VONA & VONC cancelled to USA

Anthony Supplebottom
4th Jul 2013, 09:57
Have all salaries been paid up now?

As an aside, are the Harrods 76's still down?

MightyGem
4th Jul 2013, 13:50
Have all salaries been paid up now?
Don't know, but some(all??) are 6 months behind on pension contributions. :(

Brilliant Stuff
6th Jul 2013, 19:17
6 Months? Make it 11!

120torque
16th Jul 2013, 09:31
Following receipt of a Premiair press release (12th July '13), it mentions a new West London Heliport to be launched sept 13 - Any ideas where this is?

if Luton & Stanstead can be classed as London airports, then maybe West London Heliport could be Blackbushe?

have tried google with no results.

chevvron
16th Jul 2013, 10:25
Fairoaks re-development is due to start Sep '13.
Present resident operators are Starspeed, Chobham Helicopters and HeliAir.

Anthony Supplebottom
16th Jul 2013, 15:01
chevvron - do you know the extent of the redevelopment and how is may affect the companies you've mentioned?

wigglyamp
16th Jul 2013, 18:29
Chevvron missed off Gama Engineering, presumably because they maintain but don't operate helicopters. Gama are the principal tenants for the new Fairoaks hangar development.

Anthony Supplebottom
16th Jul 2013, 19:02
wiggly - do you know much about the new development?

Is it just one new hangar or part of a bigger overall development and will any of the resident companies have to vacate their current premises?

Adroight
16th Jul 2013, 20:25
Premiair's brand new West (very) London Heliport was formerly known as Blackbushe Airport.

chevvron
19th Jul 2013, 09:33
As far as I know (I haven't seen a copy of the plans) it's a new maintenance hangar for GAMA with room for HeliAir on the north east corner of the airport. This will mean the hangar presently occupied by GAMA may and I repeat may become vacant.

Snarlie
20th Jul 2013, 21:11
It is Blackbushe. Using the precedent created by Ryanair when describing flights to capital cities such as Rome, Glasgow, Brussels etc a facility some distance from the advertised destination is employed as in London Oxford, London Southend and London Ashford. So Blackbushe is soon to become West London Heliport, it could also be the West Surrey or North Hampshire Heliport but it is still Blackbushe.

wigglyamp
21st Jul 2013, 08:01
The planning information for the new Fairoaks hangar can be found here:

http://isharemaps.surreyheath.gov.uk/custom/planning/default.aspx?requesttype=parsetemplate&template=DevelopmentControlApplication.tmplt&basepage=default.aspx&Filter=^SYSTEMKEY^='31538'&backurl=%3Frequesttype%3Dparsetemplate%26template%3DDevelopm entControlResults.tmplt%26filter%3D%255eq%255e%2BILIKE%2B'%2 525%2BFairoaks%2BAirport%2525'%255e%26pagerecs%3D10%26useSea rch%3Dtrue%26order%3DDATEAPRECV%3ADESCENDING%26pageno%3D4%26 maxrecords%3D100%26basepage%3Ddefault.aspx%26backurl%3D%253F

Wycombe
23rd Jul 2013, 12:53
Not the first time the "London" tag has been applied at the 'Bushe, Blink do it when selling their "empty legs".

Presumably this is a (re)development of the existing (ex?)Premiair site?

SpringHeeledJack
21st Aug 2013, 16:33
Did my eyes deceive me ? A PremiAir S76 chugging in and out of Battersea today ?

Anthony Supplebottom
21st Aug 2013, 16:34
Flying or on a lorry?

SpringHeeledJack
21st Aug 2013, 16:59
;) Good point, this one was doing the former.

wigglyamp
21st Aug 2013, 21:07
Which S76 was it - VONA/B/C have all being exported to the 'States.

SpringHeeledJack
22nd Aug 2013, 06:39
I've no idea, it was viewed twice from several hundred metres away, very dark blue with a golden cheat line and large registration in same hue. Perhaps it wasn't, but it certainly looked the same and it made me wonder.

JWRH
22nd Aug 2013, 13:24
G DPJR in hangar at Oxford wasn't that a PA machine?

PUP
22nd Aug 2013, 18:07
See this link to Helihub for more about their plans!!!

Newly restructured PremiAir to debut at Helitech | Helihub - the Helicopter Industry Data Source (http://helihub.com/2013/08/20/newly-restructured-premiair-to-debut-at-helitech/)

wigglyamp
22nd Aug 2013, 18:44
I thought this machine was overdue annual inspection and still at Blackbushe. Where has it moved to?

Efirmovich
22nd Aug 2013, 20:00
They have more front than Debenhams ! :bored:

E.

heli1
17th Sep 2013, 13:04
What's the latest here. Is anybody getting paid?
Their new marketing guy seems to be touting hard for business but still avoiding paying any bills?

Brilliant Stuff
17th Sep 2013, 19:31
A number of former staff are still owed thousands in pension contributions each :mad:

I wonder what will happen come April when they loose their Police contracts?

Considering the bad PR it would be much cheaper to pay everyone's debt....but what do I know?

ShyTorque
17th Sep 2013, 19:43
G DPJR in hangar at Oxford wasn't that a PA machine?

Sometimes flown by their pilots but AFAIK always privately owned (previous Reg G-JCBA and subsequently re-registered to a certain mobile phone dealer - the clue is in the registration letters).

MightyGem
17th Sep 2013, 21:19
I wonder what will happen come April when they loose their Police contracts?
April? First lot go at the end of October(Halfpenny Green). We get transferred at the end of December.

Brilliant Stuff
18th Sep 2013, 19:11
Well do I need to say more?

Did they stop your pension contributions as well?

MightyGem
18th Sep 2013, 23:19
In as much as they haven't been paid since last December. :hmm:

heli1
19th Sep 2013, 06:21
I didn't know Premiair had any police contracts.Is this for maintenance or piloting and is the new Avery owned Premiair responsible? No doubt we will learn more at Helitech since they appear to be planning a big relaunch there.

t4023
19th Sep 2013, 14:48
PremiAir only currently have 2 engineers and not the 60 that the press release has stated. Mr Avery still owes a lot of people a lot of money, myself included, but if you ask for it you are politely told that the company that owes you the money has been liquidated...! Its a small industry..........!

Brilliant Stuff
22nd Sep 2013, 18:42
Avery is holding a press conference at Helitech at 1130 on Tuesday if anyone's interested. Good opportunity to ask when you're getting paid.

I had planned on doing just that with a big placard as well but I am now busy that day. I hope some of my former colleagues can ruffle some feathers.

firebird_uk
23rd Sep 2013, 11:31
Take along your own press release with a bunch of questions on it and hand it to the journo's on their way in. Make sure it's factual.

pdoyle
4th Oct 2013, 15:58
With the inevitable take over by NPAS is this the final nail in the coffin for our beloved Premiair
No ships
No contracts
Anyone any idea how to keep the lights on here

Phil Space
4th Oct 2013, 20:04
First rule of business...don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Second rule..be competitive.

If a company can't trade and win contracts there is no future.

Woolworth's being replaced by Poundland is a good example.

Malcolm Walker was sacked by Woolworth's in Wrexham because he opened a small shop in Oswestry selling frozen peas.

Today he runs an operation in most UK towns and his former bosses have long gone.

He own the Iceland chain.:ok:

Brilliant Stuff
19th Oct 2013, 11:10
And what are the chances the outstanding pension contributions are being paid?

Savoia
2nd Dec 2013, 08:06
PremiAir loses operating licence

HeliHub: 1st December, 2013

The UK Civil Aviation Authority issued an update on 26th November 2013 which stated "The Type B Operating Licence held by PremiAir Aviation Services Limited has been suspended with effect from 12 November 2013". The actual document was "Official Record Series 2, Number 2110".

The CAA grants two types of Operating Licence, Type A and Type B, the former being for larger operators and the latter for minor operators.

“Minor operators” are mainly those which operate (or lease in) aircraft having less than 20 seats: these operators are specially recognised by Article 5 of the Licensing Regulation, which permits a simplified entry procedure for them. The CAA system allows additionally that in some instances operators of larger aircraft with a limited scope of activity (for example, air taxi work) may also be granted a Type B licence, though the Licensing Regulation does not allow the simplified entry procedure to be used for them. After grant, the difference between the two types is that a Type B licence restricts the size of aircraft that may be used or the type of activity, but it carries fewer obligations in respect of financial information, statistics and charges.

This is the latest stage in the demise of PremiAir. In recent years we have seen a dramatic fall from its past - at one time it regularly flew at least six Sikorsky S76s and three Eurocopter AS355 Twin Squirrels. The previous owner Andrew Davies was forced to sell up after owing his lenders significant amounts of money following the failure of his Von Essen Hotels company. After some months of uncertainty, the company was bought by Graham Avery - now company Chairman

At Helitech 2013, Mr Avery gave a less-than-convincing presentation with his launch of "the new West London Heliport", which most present thought was little more than a rebranding exercise of existing facilities at Blackbushe Airport, which is some 35 miles south-west of the centre of London. He also confidently told the audience of the acquisition of "at least one or two helicopters" to boost charter operations, but that is clearly some distance further away now they no longer have an operating licence.

HeliHub: PremiAir loses operating licence (http://helihub.com/2013/12/01/uk-premiair-loses-operating-licence/)

Sad if true. Although, this outcome was predicted some time ago.

chevvron
30th Jan 2014, 20:08
It would appear that the PremiAir hangar at Blackbushe is now being used for light (fixed wing) aircraft. The 'West London Heliport' website is still running and it still says Blackbushe has a licenced ATC unit when actually it's only a FISO unit.

Brilliant Stuff
31st Jan 2014, 18:25
I heard this rare thing last week of a PremiAir call sign flying about....

Darren999
31st Jan 2014, 19:16
Didn't I just read a job opening for them recently?

wokkaboy
3rd Feb 2014, 16:30
What's the latest at PremiAir? I see they are advertising for pilots and there are various print adverts around.

Do they have an AOC? (There's no mention on the CAA AOC Holders' list)
Are staff and clients being paid?
Have their Helitech claims of greatness materialised?

These aren't malicious questions, just interested to know if a (former) leading operator will make a comeback.

Brilliant Stuff
3rd Feb 2014, 19:53
It would be fantastic if PremiAir where to make a full recovery, then the creditors could get paid what they owed.........:{

helihub
4th Feb 2014, 13:15
Do they have an AOC?

I can confirm from official sources today that the answer is "No, Premiair do not have an AOC"

hangarrash1
31st Mar 2014, 13:33
Talk at Blackbushe is that premiair are departing as they have been asked to pay up front for the hangar due to always being late, so they are departing Blackbushe, going going............

tomotomp
2nd Apr 2014, 20:46
hangarrash1
going going ...........
Talk at Blackbushe is that premiair are departing as they have been asked to pay up front for the hangar due to always being late, so they are departing Blackbushe, going going............

Were did you get your info, as it seems to be incorrect
:=

TheDog
4th Apr 2014, 22:11
What about the pension contributions? Great fanfare last December about the arrears being paid with hopefully two payments a month. My last one was back in January, and I've still got about 8 outstanding. :mad:

misterbonkers
9th Jun 2014, 16:51
Keeping you hanging on so they can make hay in the summer months? Busy few weeks coming up...

TheDog
9th Jun 2014, 20:23
Apparently all outstanding pensions contributions will be paid too.
I shall believe that when it happens. :*

MightyGem
14th Jun 2014, 17:16
Any further updates?

cocokh
23rd Jun 2014, 15:59
Seems like the rebirth of PremiAir was flawed again

t4023
23rd Jun 2014, 20:33
Quelle surprise...I'm surprised that they have lasted this long!

MightyGem
8th Jul 2014, 19:25
Somethings happened. I've just received a large amount of my pension arrears. :D Here's hoping that the rest won't be too far behind.

airpolice
8th Jul 2014, 19:27
C'mon Dave, we know you don't need the money!

MightyGem
10th Jul 2014, 20:07
Oh but I do. A military pension's not much.

airpolice
10th Jul 2014, 20:28
I didn't work for Betty's air force for long enough to accrue one.

But.... you might be surprised at how far my Lloyds TSB Pension can take me each month.

I'm drawing that and still running my business, otherwise I'd need to get a real job.

Harry O
12th Jul 2014, 15:41
To think PremiAir were one of the biggest outfits at one time. Shame the hotel side pulled it down.

jayteeto
12th Jul 2014, 17:19
Not quite true, the police and utility side bailed out the corporate side of the company for years. Sticking your neck out just as the recession started didnt help either..... Shame

OvertHawk
16th Jul 2014, 21:01
And so the inevitable has happened.

Locked out of the Blackbushe hangar by the bailiffs this morning, along with the few remaining customers who still kept their aircraft there.

:(

ray_and_ann
18th Jul 2014, 11:13
Bailiffs not involved . Dispute is between BCA ( Landlord) and PremiAir over back rent and disputes in the lease. Personal effects have been removed pending legal decisions being made.

Mr_G_Box
18th Jul 2014, 15:45
So I guess that means I can wave gooobye to the pension contributions they owe me and those owed to many others too.

ambidextrous
19th Jul 2014, 07:19
Hopefully not but if not come and join what is an increasingly large club!
With fraternal greetings,
Ambi - (cheated Equitable Life policyholder and like a million other policyholders still waiting for 78% compensation! Meanwhile the MP's continue to massage their expenses and their egos).

Jetscream 32
1st Aug 2014, 15:56
Is the company still trading? Is there anything to save?

chevvron
30th Aug 2014, 21:49
Dubai helicopters and others have re-located to Fairoaks. Maybe that will now become 'West London Heliport' as it means 5 operators (Chobham, Starspeed, HeliAir, Dubai, AN Other) plus Network Rail/Dollar on long attachments and one or two privately owned helicopters are based there.

heli01
31st Aug 2014, 08:30
I'm surprised it's taken this long for Dubai to move...does anyone know if PremiAir are still locked out of Blackbushe, and if so, where they're trading from (or if they're still trading)?

I see PremiAir's AOC has disappeared again from the CAA AOC list, which i'm guessing is not good news, however the company still shows as 'active' on the Companies House website, though now with a registered address in Essex?...

More importantly, does anyone know what is happening to the employees who are/were still there, and if they've been paid for the last few months?

I really do feel for them all, a lot of whom have/had been with the company for many years; I hope the owner has done the decent thing and managed to sort something out for them.

heli01

wokkaboy
1st Sep 2014, 11:47
Dubai helicopters and others have re-located to Fairoaks

Do Dubai Helicopters have a website? Assuming they're a different setup to Helidubai.