PDA

View Full Version : Libreville Flying club

Romeo Tango
11th Apr 2002, 19:17
Can anyone give me contact details for Libreville Flying club?

I'm going through there in a couple of weeks and I gather it's a good place to park.

:)

Romeo Tango

GUSTO
12th Apr 2002, 16:48
Hello Romeo Tango ,

Try to catch 4144r on this forum he recently move to FOOL and might be able to inform you , otherwise send me an e-mail and I will put you in contact with him.

Happy flying ,

GUSTO

flyboy2
13th Apr 2002, 17:36
Last year I found one just marched ,greeted every one in French,ordered in French & then you were quite welcome there.

Opens at about 07h00 local time -till last customer-
L'ville F/C has a fine view across apron to main runway

GUSTO
13th Apr 2002, 19:24
Yep Flyboy2 ,

As you know Gabon is an ex- FRENCH colony so it is qiute normal that everybody speaks french!

When I was flying in Eastern Europe I did not expect eveybody to speak my lingo or English , but I was always able to comunicate.

So Romeo Tango don't worry if you do not speak french there is lot of guys who speak your language and 4144R is fluent in English.

Good trip ,

GUSTO:)

Romeo Tango
14th Apr 2002, 05:43
Thanks all.

My aviation French is not too bad - Anyway I'm in a French aircraft (Robin Aiglon) so I'll be starting on the right foot.

Romeo Tango

flyboy2
14th Apr 2002, 20:53
When at FOOL, it's good to know that:

a] there's a helpful manager at the CECADO supermarket - Jean-Luc -across the road from the Hotel Atlantique.

b] that baquettes from the bakery next to the Hotel -are excellent & cheap.

c] that a excellent 3-course meal -at Cfa 4650 - is available at the French Army Mess which is
on the northen side of the Hotel-within walking distance.

d] that there are many Internet cafe's available -2 across the road from the large wel-stocked Bole Hypermarket !

Have fun:)