PDA

View Full Version : BA 282 KLAX to EGLL 26/27th Oct 2012

mustbeaboeing
27th Oct 2012, 22:22
MODS. If this is the incorrect forum for this question, apologies, and please move to wherever is best.

I live near DTY, Daventry, VOR.

Somewhat surprised, mid morning Saturday 27th, to see a 'large' aircraft, relatively low, with possibly gear down, heading southeast.

Using one of the commercially available APPs told me it was BA 282 B747 G-CIVC KLAX to EGLL at 7000ft. Tracking 130 degrees.

Using Flight Tracker historical data for said flight shows no reason, but presumably there were Landing Weight issues.

Just Curious as to reason for such low altitude, if anyone is able to advise.

Thanks Mustbeaboeing

reportyourlevel
28th Oct 2012, 07:20
Is this really an ATC issue? Try here (http://www.pprune.org/spectators-balcony-spotters-corner/498420-fradio24-spots-rtos-evacs-associated-drama.html) and you might get somewhere.

StainesFS
28th Oct 2012, 13:19
Whilst I would agree with reportyourlevel that this is not the most appropriate thread, I feel that the tone of post 3 is equally, if not more, inappropriate. Yahoo, it seems, wishes to live up to the dictionary definition of his/her user name. In the interests of politeness, I will leave it to other readers to think what that definition is.

Meanwhile, let's get back to the original post. I don't know which app you used mustbeboeing but FlightRadar24 shows this flight as being at about FL155 approximately 3 miles NW of Daventry. I don't believe that it was at 7000 feet until reaching BNN, much further south.

It seems, I fear, that the post, regardless of where posted, is incorrect.

Sorry.

SFS

DaveReidUK
28th Oct 2012, 15:26
It seems, I fear, that the post, regardless of where posted, is incorrect.

Leaving aside the reference to "presumably landing weight issues" - after a 10 hour flight ? Hmmm.

Talkdownman
28th Oct 2012, 15:50
To put an ATC 'stamp' on it - fifteen-five at Dav for Bov at seven seems near enough normal to me...

Ninja Controller
29th Oct 2012, 07:20
Somebody had the fish. No biggie.