PDA

View Full Version : heading rotation test in FEAST 1

maymit
19th Oct 2012, 17:05
Hi guys,

Just a quick question...

When doing the grid test... are the only two measurement values 10(node to node along vertices) and 14(diagnol).

Will we be expected to calculate the diagnol across 2 squares where the diagnol would be 22 ( basically 10^2 + 20^2 = X^2, where X is the diagnol )

maymit
20th Oct 2012, 12:04
waov nobody is answering..why not? we are not rivalss since we are in different countriesss..

ZOOKER
20th Oct 2012, 13:22
Probably because no-one understands what the above has to do with controlling air traffic.

maymit
20th Oct 2012, 14:18
:) I agree but to be an air traffic controller you should pass an exam called Feast including the grid test.My question is about this test :)

ZOOKER
20th Oct 2012, 22:27
Perhaps one of the currently operational ATCOs who were involved in the development of this test will enlighten us then?

ross_M
21st Oct 2012, 05:12
waov nobody is answering..why not? we are not rivalss since we are in different countriesss..

You could start by critiquing your post for capitalization.....

Ally231
21st Oct 2012, 21:01
maymit,

I suspect you haven't had any responses because those who have passed the FEAST test struggle to remember the specifics.

Be reassured each exercise will be explained fully on the day.

In air traffic control, particularly if you go into approach radar, you will regularly have to calculate reasonably accurate "track miles" or "distance from touch down" for crew descent planning purposes and I suspect this is what this exercise is testing.

Good luck

iMagnus
22nd Oct 2012, 19:25
Actually there are people who can recall FEAST details, but there is an obligation not to disclose FEAST details.
And if there was none such obligation, FEAST is not a test you can prepare for. Period. That is why Eurocontrol made it. It is not perfect, but working in skill assessments quite well.
And telling you what to expect would be unfair for those who already took the feast and dart, because they had no previous knowledge on it.

maymit
23rd Oct 2012, 09:34
Thank you for your replies.In our country there is 2 way to be atc.First way is to be selected via spacial tests after high school and educated to be atc for 4 years and 1 year for English prep.Second way is after completeng a university degree(For example I am an electrics-electronics engineer) and passing IELTS toefl or our national english and also passing our national test regarding math,language,history,geography,citizenship.After achieve this tests and being under 25 as age, you get the feast 1 test and the interview.After this selection you get course.We have not dart or other things but anyway thank you for helping me:)