PDA

View Full Version : ATO Approval

nick14
17th Oct 2012, 08:27
Hello all,

A local club is attempting to write the documents for the ATO approval.

I was wondering whether you fine people had any tips on guidance documents and the like to help them along. I'm fairly confident with the EASA IR's to be complied with:Part FCL, ORA,ORO NCO. If I'm Wong please correct me.

Many thanks

S-Works
17th Oct 2012, 08:42
They will need a Quality Manual, Operations Manual and Training Manual. They are also going to need to consider a Safety Management System.

Drop me a PM as I have just done all of this.

thunderjet01
19th Oct 2012, 08:00
Hi, I'm in a similar situation, I instruct at a small,volunteer run flying club. All the instructors are part time apart from me so need some help to write the manuals!!

I've heard that the CAA are supposed to be producing templates but who knows when that will happen!

PM'd you too

BigEndBob
19th Oct 2012, 21:20
Just make sure there's plenty of "This page intentionally blank" to pad it out and you will be alright :ok:

Whopity
20th Oct 2012, 10:57
I've heard that the CAA are supposed to be producing templatesThe only template you are likely to get is in Part ORA and the associated AMC.

BillieBob
20th Oct 2012, 14:37
and the associated AMCThere is no AMC that applies to ATOs providing training only for the LAPL & PPL.

Whopity
20th Oct 2012, 18:48
I assumed the AMC applied to all ATOs; it certainly mentions LAPL and PPL if only to say they are non-complex organisations.

BillieBob
21st Oct 2012, 08:46
Ah, I see. Since the thread appeared to centre on the preparation of and, therefore, a template for Operations and Training Manuals, I assumed that you were referring to the AMC on that subject (AMC1 ORA.ATO.230(a)). Stupid of me, sorry.