PDA

View Full Version : Which forms?

Stampe
16th Oct 2012, 10:41
I have a candidate coming today with a valid licence/medical (the old lifetime Uk PPL) with an expired by 2 months SEP rating.In old terms it would have been a renewal but in EASA land is now a revaldation as under 3 years.I can sign the licence having conducted the proficiency check (which would have been a renewal skill test).My best guess at the paperwork is a SRG1119B backed up with a SRG 2199.Both forms to the CAA but no fee as no action required by them .THe 1119B doesn,t seem perfect for the task but the best I can find..what does the team think??I have completed and passed the EASA briefing ..printed off my certificate..and am still none the wiser.The CAA are of course no help whatsoever.VBR Stampe

Whopity
16th Oct 2012, 10:54
As it's expired by 2 months then you will need a Course Completion Certificate SRG 1119D to say that training or an assessment of it has been made by an ATO (RF) Then you will need a Form SRG 2199 to record the test and the fact you have signed the rating.

If we used the EASA form given in AMC 1 to Appendix 7 it would be quite straight forward. One of the objectives behind EASA claims it is to avoid duplication!

jez d
16th Oct 2012, 12:50
Why not print off the form in appendix 7 of AMC & GM to Part-FCL and use that instead? EASA states that this an 'acceptable means of compliance', so it must be.

If the CAA reject the form then the next step would be to refer the matter to EASA's head of flight crew licensing, Matthias Borgmeier, who publically stated at the recent Flight Crew Training Conference in London, and I quote, that, "there will be no deviation to regulations in future by national aviation authorities." Trevor Woods, EASA director of approvals and standardisation, should also be copied in, as he said at the same conference that if any NAAs were caught deviating from, or 'gold-plating' Part-FCL regulations then EASA would "make a finding on them".

If the CAA are insisting on using different forms then this surely constitutes an 'alternative means of compliance' which can only be done with EASA's prior approval.

Or am I missing something ?

Stampe
16th Oct 2012, 16:26
Thank you gentleman the ATO assessment makes sense.As it was the candidate wisely decided the wind was outside his capabilities and scrubbed.I took him for lunch in my aircraft and as the Farnborough radar was dead I guess many others had come to the same conclusion !!So I,ve still not conducted my first EASA test.Whopity you are a true licensing guru. There seems to be widespread confusion in all the FEs I know and the two FIEs I,ve spoken to seem equally uncertain.The potential for terminal damage to our already weakened GA movement seems very strong.I can,t see me renewing my FE when it falls due, the dire warnings in the CAA examiner briefing are enough to put anyone off the role.VBR Stampe

Whopity
16th Oct 2012, 17:29
EASA states that this an 'acceptable means of compliance', In fact its the only acceptable means of compliance!

Mickey Kaye
16th Oct 2012, 18:28
"Why not print off the form in appendix 7 of AMC & GM to Part-FCL and use that instead? EASA states that this an 'acceptable means of compliance', so it must be"

Somebody got to do this and report how they get on - would make things a dam sight easier.

Level Attitude
16th Oct 2012, 20:40
Don't forget SRG1199 Language Proficiency form. Tell candidate to keep it
safe! It might be the only proof he has that he is English Language Level 6 when the day comes for him to apply for his EASA Part-FCL piece of paper.