PDA

View Full Version : JOB For begginer in north canada

angmavrick
9th Oct 2012, 05:29
Hi i hold a Canadian Cpl and hold 230 hours and A airbus 320 Type rating .just wanted to know are there any jobs available for pilots with low hours in north ...or maybe as bush pilots ...if so could anyone let me know how to go about it..any help would be really appreciated

broompusher
9th Oct 2012, 09:02
Unless you have the legal right to work in Canada, then in short, you won't have any luck with your search of that first job.

And as a secondary note, an A320 type rating is a useless waste of money if you want to go work in Northern Canada.

bigoil
9th Oct 2012, 11:19
Try going to the AVCanada site and asking this question. Beware, you need a thick skin when posting on there

lilflyboy262...2
9th Oct 2012, 22:10
I can't wait to see the responses there.

altiplano
10th Oct 2012, 00:36
There are definitely jobs up north, but do yourself a favour and leave A320 type rating off your CV. It will do nothing for you and most likely work against you 19 times out of 20.

GMC1500
11th Oct 2012, 20:04
Seriously? 230 hrs and an A320 type rating? What's the use of that? You're obviously British or European. It doesn't work like that in Canada. A more useful type rating might be a float rating or perhaps a Navajo, where they might hire you to load bags, sweep the hangar floor and sit right seat when needed with that time. Better yet get an instructor rating.

altiplano
15th Oct 2012, 02:06
I never instructed, got a job with 205 hours after pounding the pavement looking for a spot. You don't have to be an instructor to get started and if you don't want to be an instructor do your students a favour and just don't do it.