PDA

View Full Version : Quality Assessment of Examiner by the pilot being checked

pringlet
8th Oct 2012, 15:42
any examiner's thoughts on whether he would want the pilot (s)he was giving an LPC to, to QA her/him (at the same time) for that pilot's company

RTN11
8th Oct 2012, 16:56
An examiner will regularly be checked. Say he is giving a line check, the airline will periodically line him up with another line training captain/examiner and he will be checked on his checking skills.

What useful questions could a candidate being checked throw at the examiner? It's not a lesson, it's a test.

S-Works
8th Oct 2012, 19:12
Nope, I am there to test not be audited. The CAA do that to me enough.

mad_jock
9th Oct 2012, 11:00
But of course contract examinors get checked by the company pilots and feedback given which may lead them never to be used again.

I can think of 2 on my type that are banned by virtually every operator of the type. And a mate on another type which they also examine on tell me that nobody uses them on that type either due to them talking ****e.

Its a bit of a puzzle how they manage to renew their TRE with no companys having them on there books.

Stampe
10th Oct 2012, 07:16
We have the ability to mark and comment on an examiners performance at every training/examining event in my company.I rarely bother except in cases of exceptionally good or bad performance.The ability to do this is vital to service standards to the customer (candidate) and has weeded out many of the poor performing TIREs in the past whilst identifying the high achievers for senior examiners roles.The days of the unquestionable unaccountable tyrant examiner working alone in a vacuum are long gone.VBR Stampe

S-Works
10th Oct 2012, 07:50
I think you need to read the original question. Doing a QA at the same time as a skills test? What the candidate had to say after the test to the company is air enough and as the way it works with most companies, ours included.

But doing one at the same time as some sort of formal process is not acceptable in my opinion. We are there to do one job. I think trying to do two things at the same time open both the examiner in candidate to problems.

What happens if we have to fail the candidate?