PDA

View Full Version : Staff examiners

nick14
5th Oct 2012, 18:37
Spoke to my local instructor/examiner ATO today and they are no longer able to do Examiner authorisation tests as the EASA changes mean that they have to be done by a CAA staff examiner.

I hope they have plenty otherwise they are going to be very busy!

S-Works
5th Oct 2012, 19:56
Actually incorrect. The CAA have decided not to implement at this stage.

nick14
7th Oct 2012, 18:14
That's good news then.

There is hope for my local ATO which is amount the best!

Ex Oggie
8th Oct 2012, 08:56
There are a few changes.

The course is a little different, check the AMC for the content.

Also the requirements under which an FIE may conduct the training will also change, but that shouldn't affect you.

There is an intention for staff examiners to conduct the tests at some point in the future, but this is not planned to be implemented at this stage.

Also the test cannot be done by the FIE who trained you. As it stands at the moment, the CAA will nominate an FIE to conduct the test.

Whopity
8th Oct 2012, 09:43
the CAA will nominate an FIE to conduct the test.And under which piece of they regulation are they allowed to do that?

S-Works
8th Oct 2012, 09:51
As it stands at the moment, the CAA will nominate an FIE to conduct the test.

Not correct either at this moment in time. Other than the FIE who trained you not being able to test you, at this time nothing else has changed and is not likely to change for the foreseeable future.

Ex Oggie
8th Oct 2012, 10:18
And under which piece of they regulation are they allowed to do that?

There isn't any legislation as you know, but that doesn't seem to have stopped their ambitions so far!