PDA

View Full Version : Тrаск miles? What track miles?..

cancel_mayday
5th Oct 2012, 10:08
Is there any equipment to automatically measure them? I have difficulties answering pilot's requests during vectoring. Especially, when it finishes in a next sector, and where everything is scaled in kms.

kharmael
5th Oct 2012, 14:47
Add half the miles again to get km? Not massively precise but easy to do in your head quickly.

5th Oct 2012, 16:12
Sometimes the old simple methods work better than electronics. The more familiar you become with your airspace, the easier it will be to estimate track distance......however for absolute simplicity I still use my pen.....just hold the pen flat against the display over a known distance [make a mark on the pen if you use the same displayed range all the time]. Next time you get a request it is the quickest way to provide an answer.....and in my experience the pilot only wants a rough guide.
Lost pen? No problem...use your finger flat against the display.....advantage here is that your finger can bend and accommodate circular or not-straight section distances.
Other option.....your employer could spend several millions for an electronic tool that does the same thing.

cancel_mayday
6th Oct 2012, 05:54
kharmael, the aviation world operates in NM. So I need to multiply by a factor of 1,852 then.

055166k, that's funny and... simple. So nobody uses electronic devices for this purpose ? One more myth has just been busted. :D

Here's the airspace:

Москва-Подход - YouTube

ron83
6th Oct 2012, 06:38
Our system shows it automatically... With route function,if you modify route it recalculates track miles... Also we can do it "manually" using vector function and just add up all distances...:ok:
---------
NM ---> KM = 100x2 and -10%
KM---> NM = 100/2 and +10%

TC_Ukraine
8th Oct 2012, 06:30
cancel_mayday In Ukraine we have minimum separation 5n.m. for arriving traffic. I calculate in such way: if number 1 is 10 n.m. (18,5 километров) from t.d. for #2 and #3 add 6n.m. of track distance, to #4, #5, #6 add aprox 7 n.m. due to ground speed difference.
so if number 5 request track miles: 10+6*2+7*2=36~35 n.m. from t.d.