PDA

View Full Version : Do i need a certifier on Srg 1104 ??

pipertommy
4th Oct 2012, 14:42
Hi, I hold a valid UK issued JAR CPL. On the srg 1104 easa form, do I need to have my paper work certified by a head of training? Read on another website you don't if you already hold an UK JAR licence ??

Tried phoning CAA but automated system then cuts off !! Arrrr ! Anyone else been through this ?

Thanks

dobbin1
4th Oct 2012, 18:50
I changed my JAR CPL for an EASA CPL using the Public Service Counter at Gatwick and the original documents. I did not need to have anything certified.

If you are sending in copies of the documents they will need to be certified by the "Head of Approved Training Organisation" I assume that the CFI of an RF will do during the transitional period though.

pipertommy
4th Oct 2012, 19:17
Thanks. Did it take long over the counter ?

dobbin1
5th Oct 2012, 17:54
Dropped the papers in at 09.00 after a short queue (I arrived 08:30, but a few others were there ahead of me) and collected the tiny EASA blue wallet at 13.00. Not bad

pipertommy
5th Oct 2012, 21:48
Thanks. I spoke to the CAA and only the certificate of revalidation which needs to be copied & certified.
I have done so posted the form today.
Thanks for taking the time to reply dobbin1

L'aviateur
20th May 2013, 19:14
Apologies for hijacking a thread, but just need some confirmation.

With regards supporting documents when converting JAR-FCL to EASA, would it be acceptable to send the original of the revalidation page and medical certificate? I'm out of country, my SEP rating is valid, but I want to renew my license so that it's valid when I return to the UK. Do I need to send any other support documents?

Also, with regards logbooks, I don't need to send an original or photocopy as its just a straightforward conversion, if I understand the following correctly? "Original flying logs are only required for the conversion of additional ratings as per section 7 or in cases where an instructor is exercising the instructor privileges of Single Pilot High Performance Aeroplanes (SP HPC (A))."

L'aviateur
21st May 2013, 02:40
Many thanks, will get that sent off today.

DAS Aviation
5th Jun 2013, 17:07
Hi fellow pilots. I am extremely frustrated :{- why, pls read on;

I hold a British JAR-FCL with SEP.

My 24 month rating expires tomorrow. Yes, I know it is late but that is not my fault. I started to deal with this via the CAA:* in GOOD TIME!

I live near Munich in southern Germany. What I want to know is who can carry out the check flight for this and enter the details in my licence thus extending my SEP for another 24 months.

Yes, I have contacted the CAA on a number of occasions but have received no answer as to the procedure.

So, it looks like my SEP will expire! Thanks to the CAA!!:=

Has anyone reliable information for me?:confused:

Regards

Desmond

nick14
5th Jun 2013, 17:15
Any examiner that holds the appropriate part-FCL examiner certificate and has received the examiner briefing if revalidating by flight test or any examiner who has received the CAA briefing if revalidating by experience.

DAS Aviation
6th Jun 2013, 11:09
Hello Nick,

Thanks for the info but what is your information based on. Is this written anywhere?

I have a German Flight examiner here in Germany but he seems reluctant to register with the CAA.

I spoke to the LBA today who informed me I can exchange my British JAR-FCL PPL for a German version.
GREAT I thought! BUT, yes BUT; there is a snag. The exchange can only take place when my British rating is current. CHECK MATE!:{

I would like to know how other British PPL holders get on here in Germany?

Fly in Spain have many German customers who obtain British PPLs. How do they get on?:confused:

Regards

Desmond