PDA

View Full Version : PPL FI, prerequisite hours

pda1
4th Oct 2012, 09:09
Hi all,

I have a NPPL (M), which I have held for several years, I have around 90 P1 in 3 axis, fixed wing microlights. I have more recently gained a JAR PPL(A) and have around 40 hours P1.

I was thinking of building up the required group A hours, pass the CPL theory and then undertake an FI course. After reading Lasors, If I'm correct, I require 150 hours P1 as a prerequisite for the FI course. My question is, can any of my P1 microlight hours be counted towards the 150 hour requirement? Sorry, if this was documented in Lasors, I couldn't find the answer!

With regards to the current job market, would it be more beneficial to gain more experience in microlights then look at doing a microlight AFI course, avoiding CPL theory as well as the more expensive Group A FI course.

I'm fully aware of the low income instructing attracts but I'm looking to do this part-time along side my current career.

Thanks for any advice.

Ex Oggie
4th Oct 2012, 10:13
LASORS ceased to be on 17th September this year.

We are now in EASAland and you should refer to CAP 804, which is the guidance document.

CAP 804: Flight Crew Licensing: Mandatory Requirements, Policy and Guidance | Publications | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5000)

pda1
7th Oct 2012, 09:38
Ex Oggie, thank you for posting the link.

It would appear that the P1 microlight hours won't count towards the 150 hour requirement.