PDA

View Full Version : Triple A Flying (Humberside)

Sporadic E
15th Jul 2001, 20:08
I was considering doing the old Non-Approved IR at Triple A (among other establishments), and was wondering if anybody out there had any previous experience and/or comments about the place.

Thanks

bumpffslam
15th Jul 2001, 22:14
Don't know about AAA. I did my single engine IR at professional Air Training Bournemouth and can recommend them. I flew in their Beech 24R Sierra. They also offer multi in Beech Duchess. Probably not the cheapest.

Bumpff

Manflex55
16th Jul 2001, 01:22
SE,

One of the good things about training @ EGNJ is that both ILS & NDB approaches are available on field & resident FTOs like Triple A usually have discounts for these approaches.

Another good thing is that it's far from any busy airspace : no slots, no traffic to delay your training or keep U on the ground.

However, Triple A has some of the most expensive hourly rates in the market :
£165 for SE
£210 for complex SE
£300 for the BE76 (Duchess) they use for the IR.
Dunno about the instructors.

If U wanna stick to EGNJ, consider also HFC or the Frank Morgan school of flying (depends what kinda training U're looking for).

MF

robione
16th Jul 2001, 06:11
Hey there hows it goin?are u still at Gemstone or have u moved on.Darkest mid Wales possibly the pool?Take a look at Bristol,im planning going there at the end of summer,me busy instructing at the mo,but Bristol looks ok,friend there right now says v/good and really hard work.Seneca sim 120hr,A/C 350hr going un-app should,nt cost an arm/leg,good luck with it.

Polar_stereographic
16th Jul 2001, 11:03
In Triple A's defense, when I spoke to them, they where the most helpfull of anyone to whome I spoke. Free advice, and it was obvious to me that they where not simply after my cash.

I would consider them, but it's just too far from where I live, and if you read my previous posting on Part time IR's you'll understand where I'm comming from.

PS

RVR800
16th Jul 2001, 15:31
manflex55

Frank Morgan are PPL/IMC only - use to do AFIC no more, never done IRs

HFC have no twin of their own they hire it in for fixed perods from Tatenhill so if the Wx goes pear shaped it could be a problem
Not deiced PA44

AAA have their own twin but it aint cheap
but where is? own frasca deiced Duchess

Leeds Flying School is at the test centre
- no approved sim as yet but in pipeline
cheap no repositioning relatively new to IRTs

G-LOST
16th Jul 2001, 22:50
Leeds Flying School FNPT1 is now approved.