PDA

View Full Version : License Revalidation - Log Book Required?

Okavango
26th Sep 2012, 19:05
Last time I revalidated my license I sent away my actual log book to the CAA - is this really required or is it ok to just photocopy the relavent pages over the last 12 months? Can't see why the original copy is needed and would prefer to avoid post misplacing it. Thanks

AdamFrisch
26th Sep 2012, 19:31
No, I think the FI or the examiner doing your revalidation will check it and that will suffice. I have never sent mine off to the CAA and would feel uncomfortable doing so.

Fuji Abound
26th Sep 2012, 20:12
Not for a re validation.

S-Works
26th Sep 2012, 20:13
The only thing that goes to the CAA is the SRG1119 and generally the examiner sends it. I send mine in batch once a month.

flybymike
26th Sep 2012, 23:08
You now need a degree to fill in the new SRG1119 form.

Fitter2
27th Sep 2012, 07:05
Hah! Just wait until you are faced with the Part-FCL form. Translated into EASA English via Serbo-Croat.

peterh337
27th Sep 2012, 08:44
Serbo-Croat doesn't exist anymore :)

You get a very funny look if you ask a Croatian whether he speaks Serbo-Croat :E

Okavango
19th Nov 2012, 10:18
Yes I was revalidating by experience and I struggle to see any confusion to anyone but JUST-local, apologies if so. Helpful local school sorted it - there's another new form added recently (updated again since I last reval'd). Easier to fill out again and now both the applicant and examiner now send off copies to the CAA (Applicant's and Examiners competent authority) - it's now SRG1157 that you need. Hopefuly this will remain for some time to come........................

Whopity
19th Nov 2012, 11:37
We've had the 1157 since the early days of JAR-FCL, it was the Examiner's record retained by the Examiner. Now that we have to send it in, what is the point of retaining it? Data protection says we should not keep unnecessary documents and as the CAA have a copy, it really is unnecessary duplication! I would suggest it is no longer a good idea for Examiners to write notes on this form, other than to list reasons for failure!

PompeyPaul
19th Nov 2012, 11:59
Do I send off my log book for that?

Steve6443
19th Nov 2012, 13:40
Serbo-Croat doesn't exist anymore

You get a very funny look if you ask a Croatian whether he speaks Serbo-Croat

Probably the same as asking a Glaswegian if he speaks english....... ;-)

Pilotage
19th Nov 2012, 14:48
Probably the same as asking a Glaswegian if he speaks english....... ;-)

But not as dangerous as asking him which part of England he's from.

P