PDA

View Full Version : 1st time FI rating + EASA CPL

gnome11
26th Sep 2012, 12:24
Hi,

I have just completed my FI rating and am trying to send the paperwork off to the CAA. So I have:

SRG 1131: Instructor Form 1
SRG 1169: Examiners Record
SRG 1187: Payment form (which is now hidden on the CAA website)

After a telephone call to the CAA this morning I understand (albeit from a woman who admitted she didn't usually work in licensing dept.) that I also need to apply for an EASA CPL as this is my "first triggering event" since the changeover. So apparently I also need to fill in:

SRG 1104: 'Application for EASA Part-FCL Pilot License - conversion of an existing national or JAR-FCL License Issued by the UK'

There is of course a fee included in this although I do not know what it is!

I currently have a JAA CPL, which I understood to be automatically converted in April, so what am I actually applying for and how much do I have to pay?

I would appreciate it if anybody can help, I am thoroughly lost now in the depths of what I thought I understood!

Whopity
26th Sep 2012, 14:57
The Examiners record is normally retained by the examiner and not submitted. About 9 years ago when it was FCL 685 on a Pad, the pink copy was submitted, but that's a long time ago. Even though you have an EASA CPL, you have to apply for one on the SRG 1104. In days gone by, this sort of thing was a freebie because its the result of a change in legislation, nowadays we have to pay for such changes and its £139 for a professional licence. Its the same amount of work for a PPL but that's only £73

gnome11
26th Sep 2012, 16:29
Right, Thanks.

I saw £139 but thought that must be for initial issue, which it is I suppose, but this will be the 2nd time I have had to pay an 'initial issue' fee this year having only had the CPL issued in May!

Regarding the FI application, the Instructor Form 1 asks for a Test Report Form and the only thing I have in that respect is the Examiners Record so I pressume that is what they are after...

Whopity
26th Sep 2012, 16:46
the Instructor Form 1 asks for a Test Report FormIt does indeed, but if you read the Guidance Notes on the SRG 1169 page i it says:Only Instructor Form 1,2 or 3 as appropriate should be sent to Aviation House. The Examiners Record replaces FCL685 and must be retained by the FIE for a minimum of 3 years. If the CAA want it they will ask the FIE who should not have given it to you.

shortleg
26th Sep 2012, 19:15
I went to the CAA today to try and get a CRI added to my JAA licence. I was also told I needed the Examiner's Record (SRG1169) and SRG1104 to convert the licence to an EASA one.

Is the need for the Examiner's Record a new EASA requirement?

Whopity
26th Sep 2012, 19:26
No, its not an EASA requirement. Perhaps they should try reading their own guidance material.

Manual Reversion
26th Sep 2012, 19:30
Told I needed an EASA ATPL conversion to get CRE authorisation a few days ago. Great, I'll have a full house of JAA, National and EASA...all valid at the same time.

ifitaintboeing
26th Sep 2012, 20:23
Whopity,

I think you'll find they have changed the SRG1169, which in the Guidance Notes now says:

Instructor Form 1, 2 or 3 as appropriate should be sent to Aviation House together with the Examiner's Record, a copy of which must be retained by the FIE for 5 years. As part of the CAA duty of oversight a CAA Inspector or Staff FE may inspect examiner's records.

It looks like Instructor Form 1 is currently being amended as I went to fill one out today for a student and it's not currently listed on the CAA website. You can still search SRG1131 and get it though...

ifitaint...

Whopity
26th Sep 2012, 20:43
One wonders what the logic is! No doubt it's to align with the out of date requirement on the Instructor Form 1 which was never amended after they dropped the FCL685 multiform pad!

All the EASA forms are in the AMC but of course we have to invent our own and make them three times as complicated.

ifitaintboeing
26th Sep 2012, 22:08
You've gotta love it. I am conducting a SEP renewal tomorrow for a chap who has expired just over 3 years, and have just printed off SRG 1104 (7 pages) , 1157 (3 pages), 1119C (7 pages) and 2188 x 2 (2 x 4 pages), a total of 25 pages!

2 of the pages say just "Please enter payment details on following page" and 2 pages are for CAA use only - maybe these pages could be removed to save me the ink and the paper?

I look forward to the UK equivalent of IACRA.

Whopity
27th Sep 2012, 09:14
To say nothing of the fact that there is a large amount of unnecessary colour on the forms, that wastes ink and makes them less legible when photocopying.

I think we should print them in miniature format say 3"" x4" that way you can get more to a page and submit them like that.

ifitaintboeing
27th Sep 2012, 18:21
Reading this through today, it looks like you actually need 3 copies of the examiner report, because at the top (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG2199enabled.pdf) it says:

Examiners remain responsible for submitting the examiner report to Licensing & Training Standards, within 14 working days from the skill test, proficiency check or assessment of competence.

1 to applicant;
1 to CAA;
1 to retain for 5 years.

So I certify the Pass, Partial Pass or Fail on page 1, then turn over the page and it asks:

Result of test: