PDA

View Full Version : PA 38 arm moments

ariel
9th Apr 2002, 11:48
Can anybody tell me where to get the 'arm' moment information from for the PA38, to do weight & balance. Is it available anywhere else but in the PA38 manual?

many thanks

Kermit 180
9th Apr 2002, 12:05
The Pilot Operating Handbook is the best place to get such data, althuogh there are many smaller handbooks and information manuals around with this information in them.

In the meantime the arms I have at hand are (inches aft of datum): Crew and pax 85.5; Fuel 75.4; Bag 115. The moment and arm for each aircraft will of course vary.

Kermie

john_tullamarine
9th Apr 2002, 15:08
The basic source is the US Type Certificate Data Sheet for the aircraft (for the PA-38-112 this is No. A18SO) although there might be some additional data in the POH.

Final 3 Greens
9th Apr 2002, 18:25
Ariel

The only truly safe place to get this info is the POH for the particular aircraft.

You can use indicative figures like the ones Kermie provided or try the AFE Publications guide to the PA38, but the POH for the actual aircratf is the authorative document.

I know that our a/c POH is regarded as part of the C of A by the CAA and presume this applies to all a/c.

Cheers :)

niknak
10th Apr 2002, 12:55
Arming a PA38? - what a thought.......:D :D :p :D :D