PDA

View Full Version : Radio Operator's Certificate of Competency Exam

transmitforDF
23rd Sep 2012, 16:33
Hello all,

I am currently revising towards this exam with the usual civil aviation publication's 452 and 413 making notes etc from the syllabus instructions. However, I was wondering if anybody would know if there are any places I could get hold of practice questions or past papers to test my knowledge rather than just trying to remember it (you know how it is).

Help would be appreciated! :ok:

Tim

Air Soul
23rd Sep 2012, 19:08
Airquiz.com

chevvron
23rd Sep 2012, 19:43
There used to be sample questions at the back of CAP 452, wonder why they were withdrawn?
Well there's only a limited number of questions they can ask, so they don't like you to see them in advance.
As an examiner, I have to notify CAA Licensing when I'm about to invigilate an exam, they will generate a question paper from their selection of questions and send it to me.

transmitforDF
24th Sep 2012, 07:48
ok chaps thanks for your help :)

telstarr
25th Sep 2012, 22:28
The CAA have stated that from October 1, 2012 they will be charging £35 for the issue of the A/G Certificte of Competency. There will be a transition period and any exam undertaken or booked before 1 October 2012 will be exempt provided that the application ir recieved at SRG by 15 Oct.

chevvron
25th Sep 2012, 23:00
Already been done, but I should point out this is the CAA charge for issue of the certificate, what you pay for the exam comes on top of this.

Spitoon
26th Sep 2012, 04:34
The CAA have stated that from October 1, 2012 they will be charging £35 for the issue of the A/G Certificte of Competency.Interesting. And this isn't intended to be a flippant comment, but given the costs of running an organisation like the CAA and what must be involved in issuing a C of C, it will probably cost more than £35 to process the application and collect the money.

Lon More
26th Sep 2012, 12:03
Civil Servant sweat is the most elusive substance and expensive known to man therefore the ridiculous cost.
The results come in on a Computer and the Civil servant presses a button to print out the certificate. Most labour involved is putting it in an envelope. They don't even have to lick the stamp.

chevvron
26th Sep 2012, 20:13
Thought I'd already indicated that.