PDA

View Full Version : Flying schools in the US

kaushik
23rd Sep 2012, 04:52
Hi, I'm from India and would like to pursue flying as a hobby so I intend to do a ppl during my gap year either in the US, Australia, or New Zealand. My main preference would be to find a good, friendly flight school and the next is I would like to choose a fun and lively city to live in so I can have a life outside my flight school. Also I have a sky diving license so would like to know if any airfields attached with drop zones?? I do realize that flying is rather a serious sport and doing all this together may not be practical but I would like to take my time and do it one at a time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ebbie 2003
24th Sep 2012, 22:59
I personally recommend NS Aviation at North Perry (Hollywood, FL) - a very busy airport next to complex airspace - and not too far to get to some of the skydiving places in the nearby Everglades.

NS are legit - a potential issue with some places who do play fast and loose with the visa and TSA requirements - I fell foul of a dodgy outfit but found out a week before I was due to travel, NS were very responsive got me through my licence in a month despite my not being a 'natural'.

Can't say enough about how impressed I was with the school.