PDA

View Full Version : EMB145 Landings....

TwinAisle
8th Apr 2002, 14:29
Just a quick question.... is the EMB145 a bit of a pig to land? I use one twice a week between CDG and CWL (and have done other trips, like BHD, BRU, and some US destinations in them) and I've never had a good landing - always seems hard....

The boys and girls at CWL who fly them always seemed to kiss the ground when they had J41s to play with, so I don't think it's them suddenly wanting to settle a score with the concrete....

TA

Airprox
8th Apr 2002, 20:55
No the Embraer is realy easy to land. It has a trailing link undercarriage which is a lot more forgiving than others.

Hand Solo
9th Apr 2002, 00:03
Trailing link undercarriage? I thought you only got that on twin-bogies. Must say that every landing I've sat through on an Embraer has been a real dog, just like every other aspect of the flight. Horrible bits of kit.

FL245
10th Apr 2002, 08:58
TwinAisle, I tend to agree with you.

I have just converted onto the 145 from another aircraft.

The aircraft itself in no harder to land than any other, But like you I feel that it makes a firm contact with the ground.

FL245

OnTheStep
10th Apr 2002, 16:25
not that i'm any authority but would a smidgen of power and more of a "roll on" transition just before touchdown make for smoother contacts?

Gaza
10th Apr 2002, 22:55
I've always noticed the firm landings on the Jungle Jet but I put it down to firm/limited travel suspension. I've never experience a greaser in one.

Airprox
16th Apr 2002, 21:35
Sorry guys,

The Embraer is definately one of the easiest aircraft around to handle. And very enjoyable with it.

Don't drive it into the deck like a 75 but flare the thing like a light aircraft. Unless performance is limited give a little consideration to the cabin crew, they feel it more than we do it the front.

If any of you want refresher training on landing give me a bell.

Only kidding don't get upset! ;)

ComJam
16th Apr 2002, 22:16
Jeez Airprox! Someone actually give you a jet in the end! :D

Only joking etc :)