PDA

View Full Version : SEP renewal

girlpower
11th Sep 2012, 16:24
Hi

I'm a holder of a UK issued jar cpl which is current. I also hold a current ME-IR which I recently renewed in the sim. What is the procedure for renewing my sep rating ( which expired 18 months ago) if I don't have any current aeroplane rating? Is it a full skill test or a prof check? Looked in lasors but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks

Genghis the Engineer
11th Sep 2012, 18:45
Training as required (I'd guess one flight with a sensible instructor if you are current in twins) and a proficiency check.

The difference between a skill test and proficiency check is that there's no substantial nav component in the proficiency check (although if you get lost during it, I'd guess that you may still fail :E ).

G

S-Works
11th Sep 2012, 19:30
If you are current in twins, then just do an LPC. If you get stuck drop me a pm and I will do it for you.

girlpower
11th Sep 2012, 21:46
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Sorry I wasn't very clear.

I don't have any valid aircraft rating. only a valid cpl.

No valid twin rating either as I renewed the ME-IR in the sim.

Thanks

Genghis the Engineer
11th Sep 2012, 22:17
So you've not flown for a couple of years presumably.

Same is true legally, but a few trips with an instructor is more likely to get your flying back up to scratch.

G

girlpower
11th Sep 2012, 22:30
Yes I flew about 100 hours in the first year of my last sep reval but nothing in the last year. so the 12 hour rule plus an hour with the instructor,I think couldn't have been done back then. Then I just let it lapse.

So I guess it's either a full skill test or a prof check. Same thing plus/ minus.

Thanks again