PDA

View Full Version : Landing at EGDV Hullavington Near Chipenham

007helicopter
9th Sep 2012, 17:49
Hi does any one know contact details or if it is possible to land at EGDV Hullavington, a quick Google does not reveal much.

I will need to land Friday 14th September 2012 and leave Sunday 16th staying at Grittleton a couple of miles to the west so it is ideal.

Or any other sites near by, I prefer 700 mtr + hard runway or good grass.

Thanks

robin
9th Sep 2012, 18:00
Why not go to Oaksey Park or Charlton Park

007helicopter
9th Sep 2012, 18:28
Robin thank you, they both look interesting airfields so I will not rule out, but 10+ miles away compared to literally 3 so will see what responses I get.

avonflyer
9th Sep 2012, 19:10
Kemble if you want hard. Charlton, oaksey and badminton have got to be the nearest grass that are well publicised cant think of any private strips closer. I have never heard of anyone getting into Hullavington other than in a glider so will be interesting to see if you get any response.

late-joiner
9th Sep 2012, 19:12
There is a phone number here....
625 VGS Contact Us (http://www.625vgs.org.uk/contact.html)

007helicopter
9th Sep 2012, 21:13
Thanks Late Joiner, good find, I will try it tomorrow.

pulse1
9th Sep 2012, 21:49
I think it is possible to land at Hullavington but has to be arranged several days before, probably by sending proof of the usual £1.7.million indemnity insurance required by the MoD.

flybymike
9th Sep 2012, 22:01
I think it is possible to land at Hullavington but has to be arranged several days before, probably by sending proof of the usual £1.7.million indemnity insurance required by the MoD.
Last I heard it was £7.5m and they still charged an extra premium after you had landed....!

007helicopter
10th Sep 2012, 08:50
Thank you for feed back and suggestions, I did get through to the correct authority (Buckley Barracks who control the field)

I have decided against this airfield now as basically zero security and the field is open to public access, as well they have had a few incidents of theft etc.

Likely will choose Kemble.

VictorGolf
10th Sep 2012, 09:05
Probably a good decision as when they held the last G-VFWE fly-in there were several dinged props due to the rough grass. This was probably caused by C-130s with SAS operatives churning it up (allegedly).