PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff Radar - diversion assistance

Aussie Andy
7th Apr 2002, 21:28
On Saturday morning on a VFR flight to Cornwall I encountered sea mist along the coast and had to divert. This was a new and scary experience for me, a low hours PPL.

To the VERY nice man at Cardiff Radar, thank you very much for you calmness and assistance. We made it safely to Gloucestershire / Staverton where we had a very nice lunch to calm down :)

You guys are excellent - very much appreciated.

(If interested in a full account of the story, see the entry I have added to this
thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=458939#post458939) in the Private Pilots forum).

Thanks again!

egffztzx
8th Apr 2002, 22:52
Ausie Andy,

Thanks for that!

It wasn't me you spoke to - but it was our watch on duty and we stuck up your post on the board today for all to see.

Cheers!

moo
8th Apr 2002, 23:01
one two fife, deesaymal ate fife, cardiff radar is the best!!!!!

who can think of a cheerleader style chant for that?

golf bravo romeo, flight information service, no level restriction, wessex 1020

i should get out more

CardiffTinPusha
9th Apr 2002, 19:09
I put it on the notice board chaps! (Martin)

It is always nice to know that we do get some thanks back from what sometimes seems like a fruitless task!

Simular situations have occurred in the Bristol channel, So I am sure you wont be the last to hit a spot of bother over the channel.

We havn't worked out yet who it was that was working you at the time but I'm sure that he will appreciate your comments if he reads them on the notice board!

:)

Thanks

M W watch

Aussie Andy
9th Apr 2002, 22:29
Well, whoever it was - he sounded a bit like my Uncle John, back in Taree NSW (he has a very Welsh accent!) :cool:

egffztzx
10th Apr 2002, 20:15
Ah! That ties it down.

We know exactly who it was - there was only one on duty with a Welsh accent.

Aussie Andy
11th Apr 2002, 09:53
Great! Then please pass on my thanks,

Cheers,

28thJuly2001
11th Apr 2002, 19:08
Totally agree about Cardiff Radar, it was a pleasure doing my training at Cardiff knowing that "when" I cocked up a radio call I wouldnt get a sarcastic remark in response, love the sound of the ladies voice, very cheerful and friendly. (think she may be Tower).
Walt,,