PDA

View Full Version : PRO IFR

smart737789
8th Sep 2012, 13:41
hey everyone if anyone can share their knowledge about this flight school in british columbia

i am planning to go there and do my training

thanks

macfloppy
18th Sep 2012, 00:51
I am doing my simulator and flying there at present for ATPL/IR , having done their seminars for the writtens and passed first time on all three exams . It is a first class company, highly professional, very much with their eye on getting you through with minimum expenditure( even at their own expense); I speak as one with 10000 hours with a major airline on wide bodies and I have no hesitation in recommending them wholeheartedly without reservation. very professional,very expert and delightful people.

NightWolf
18th Sep 2012, 02:27
It is a nice school to attend; their VFR department is okay but the IFR department is exceptional ....the real deal. You will definitely be taught proper sound principles for airline flying and single pilot IFR. "Those in the know training with PRO" Beautiful BC

Regards;
NightWolf :ok:

smart737789
18th Sep 2012, 11:15
i am looking to do my flight instructor rating and hoping to build time towards atp do they hire once you have completed ur flight instructor rating ?

dasher3
21st Sep 2012, 16:32
Did a ride in the sim with them a couple of weeks ago.
First class outfit ....I highly recommend them

KAG
22nd Sep 2012, 10:31
Did renew my IFR with them in the past, their sim and airplane are a bit old (if they have not changed them since) the training is efficient, good quality.

If you are looking for a career, try Harv'air for your PPL/CPL, then Perimeter for your Multi/IFR (then the ramp?). Perimeter is definitely the best multi ifr training in Canada, in addition if they are hiring then you migh have a chance, the metroliner is a fantastic machine.

If you just need to renew your IFR, Pro IFR is a very good choice, fast and efficient.

smart737789
25th Sep 2012, 15:14
how about moncton flight college ? and will pro ifr hire me if i do my instructor rating through them i already have a FAA cpl just need conversion

smart737789
5th Oct 2012, 22:53
guys please help and please reply its a request to the question asked above

jurassic
6th Oct 2012, 03:09
Why do you think anyone on this forum would know if someone would hire you? You should probably contact the school yourself as they might have their own opinion about hiring you. Usually a potential employer likes to know a bit more about you other than that you are capable of posting on an anonymous forum and have your location listed as outer space.

You might also like to see if you have the right to work in Canada. There are just one or two hoops you would need to jump through.

NightWolf
6th Oct 2012, 19:26
Yo! Smart; you're not thinking smartly. I agree with Jurassic; so many factors come in to play when an organization hires. Another two are; your work ethic and your ability to teach because you are an instructor does not mean that you are a great teacher; that will come with the experience. Most school hire internally first unless you have exceptional credentials. The reason is the school gets to know you as an individual better and determine if you are the right fit for them.

Firstly; I personally think you should contact Transport Canada and find out exactly what you need to convert your FAA to TC. Secondly; go and get the Instructor’s Rating done; worry about the job later. If you don’t get the rating you still cannot get hired as a Class 4 Instructor.

Best of luck in your endeavors :ok:

Conversion agreement between U.S. and Canadian officials - Transport Canada (http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/standards/general-personnel-usconversion-480.htm)