PDA

View Full Version : landings - an update and thank you

localflighteast
7th Sep 2012, 16:28
So I posted a thread a while back becauuse I was having landing issues. I just wanted to post an update and a thank you.

So the landings are going really well now. I've gotten over the ballooning and sorted out the flat ones. They seem to be getting a lot more consistent. I've even done decent landings from a practiced engine failure and a couple with a covered ASI.

I'm feeling a lot more confident in my abilities now. Last lesson I flew a good couple of circuits with no instructor input at all. I think he's just looking for a bit of consistency before I'm up there on my own :ooh:

Jan Olieslagers
7th Sep 2012, 16:30
Sincere congrats - and a bit of jealousy too, MY landings are still far from perfect, will have to work seriously in that corner. What did you do to achieve this improvement? Train solo, train with an instructor, or a mix?

localflighteast
7th Sep 2012, 16:42
I'm pre solo at the moment.
and this advice may not be of any help to you what so ever. I just stopped taking them so seriously and tried to relax, that helped a bit.

The otherthing I did was to stop obsessing about the landing. I worked on everything else, flying a proper square circuit, getting my speed right and most importantly getting the aircraft trimmed properly.

If you can get that sorted then the landings take a lot less work.
I'm by no means perfect, I'm having issues keeping on the centre line :( but I'm no longer registering on the richter scale ;)