PDA

View Full Version : Budget airline's fire exit rows

Spacer
6th Apr 2002, 17:10
I flew with Go on Tuesday and Thursday of last week and got a seat by the fire exit. I was wondering what the legalities are about having an "extra" row of seats in, when most other airlines leave a row clear to help people get out should the worst happen. Are Go pushing the law, or are the other airlines being "generous"?

Hand Solo
6th Apr 2002, 22:31
I've never flown on an airline that leaves out a row of seats at the exit row. CAA regulations dictate the minimum gap required for an exit row. GO will comply with this, no ifs or buts. It may be that other operators have a bigger seat pitch and as a result they just can't fit another row of seats in without infringing on the required gap.

rubik101
8th Apr 2002, 10:13
Fire Exit? You mean the overwing exits, I presume. They can be used for all sorts of reasons, not just for fires. Maintenance, Ice checks, sunbathing etc.
No UK airline has their seats at anything other than the required minimum pitch or greater. If you want to have more pitch on any particular row, fly with BA and pay three times the amount.
Failing that, advance the pitch lever!