PDA

View Full Version : FAA piggyback MEP

nick14
26th Aug 2012, 01:58
Hello all,

I hold a piggyback FAA PPL based on my ATPL. It is valid for SEP and night in the USA. If I renew my MEP privileges on my IAA ATPL can I add them to my FAA licence?

Cheers

goldeneaglepilot
26th Aug 2012, 08:02
You will need to do a BFR to renew the FAA side of your licences, lots of people you can do that with in the UK, PM me if you want some suggestions.

To add MEP onto your FAA licence in the UK is significantly more difficult due to the requirement for an examiner (DPE) rather than an instructor.

Its worth looking at Return Home (http://www.rnav.us/)

To the best of my knowledge Tom Hughston is the only resident DPE in the UK.

You may find it cheaper to sort it when you are next in America.

Fuji Abound
26th Aug 2012, 08:30
Presumably you didnt have your multi put on your original 61.75.

nick14
26th Aug 2012, 09:21
No I did my multi renewal after getting the FAA licence. I was hoping I could just go to the FAA when I'm next in Florida and get it put on the licence and then do a BFR on a twin and job done?

Mark 1
26th Aug 2012, 16:16
You can add MEL and type ratings to a licence issued under part 61.75.

You will probably need to go through the foreign licence authentication process again if you haven't done so in the last 6 months and arrange a visit to a FSDO to get a temporary certificate issued.

Whopity
26th Aug 2012, 18:15
You will have to go through the foreign licence authentication process again and arrange a visit to a FSDO to get a temporary certificate issued. Apart from that, it's as straight forward as getting the original FAA PPL.