PDA

View Full Version : LODZ (EPLL) ILS RW25

minsh1983
23rd Aug 2012, 08:33
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me on this issue. With regards to this approach (ILS DME RWY 25 LODZ), is coming from the west via Utolu are you allowed to proceed direct to the intermediate approach segment then via the Localiser without entering the hold at the LDZ vor? My thinking is that the hold at LDZ is neither a racetrack, base turn or reversal procedure so as long as you are cleared for the approach, cam maintain an altitude above the msa until either one dot deviation on the Localiser or +\- 5 degrees of the inbound track we do not need to enter the hold and can proceed straight to the IF via the IAF at the LDZ vor. If anyone has any suggestions can they please find proof via legal documents as I can not find any clarification via the normal sources ie Jeppesen Book..... Thanks

cavver
23rd Aug 2012, 22:23
You can find the polish aip at : AIP Polska - AIP Poland (http://www.ais.pata.pl/aip/index.php) .

MrHorgy
28th Aug 2012, 00:01
I know it doesn't answer completely, but we regularly self position straight to final from UTOLU, rather than go to the VOR and back out again, for the reasons you describe.

ERCELL
23rd Sep 2012, 20:06
could be nice if someone describe about approach also from east, no defination and information about procedure. should we fly to VOR or straight approach when we clear for ILS?

JQKA
23rd Sep 2012, 20:24
Never land in Lublinek, but I think if I have to flow this approach from UTULU or even from GIPOS(east) I will go direct to the IF configurated and maintaining 2140 ft.
From the IAF to IF 218°, 2.7nm 2140ft and Final approach course of 246° so even more easy to handle the turn due the radius more big.
Is not make sense to go to the VOR only to start from the IAF.
TRaffic permitted and let's say yuo are right on altitude otherwise, of course you have to do the Holding procedure.
If it was compulsory, the holding should be in Bold, so to be part of the procedure, but it isn't.
This Holding is also the point where you have to proceed in case of missed approach.