PDA

View Full Version : EASA medical revalidation

nick14
9th Aug 2012, 18:13
The legislation for EASA medical certificates is a little confusing.

I have an Irish JAR licence(now EASA) and need to revalidate my medical. As a UK resident, can a CAA ame conduct a medical examiner on an Irish EASA licence holder?

Thanks

Whopity
11th Aug 2012, 10:22
In theory that should be possible. In practice, there may be issues, as the AME fills in the form on-line and the CAA Medical centre actually produces the certificate. The Irish are also known for being selective in what they will and won't accept. Try a call to them and ask.

nick14
11th Aug 2012, 12:15
Thanks for the advice,

It's silly because that is the procedure we have used for years, we are a little unsure as to how the EASA changes will affect the medical system.

Whopity
13th Aug 2012, 13:22
Spoke to my AME this morning. No problem doing medical in UK, but it has to be done using the Irish paperwork.

nick14
14th Aug 2012, 13:15
Brilliant,

Thanks for the help. Do you know wether there might be problems with the CAA changeover in November and the IAA changeover in April? If they are working from 2 different sets of rules if imagin there may be issues.

Whopity
14th Aug 2012, 15:40
I think if they use the system relative to the State of issue it will all sort itself out.