PDA

View Full Version : MAS B777 wing clips China Eastern A340 Elev

elrich
9th Aug 2012, 15:59
Heard fm the Chinese Weibo website that one MAS B777 's rh wing clipped the left elevator of Chine Eastern A340 during taxi out in PVG today. Damage seems bad and may be sitting in PVG for weeks awaiting repair. Anyone have more info on this?

syukri
9th Aug 2012, 16:06
Aircraft involve is 9M-MRL

deSitter
9th Aug 2012, 16:39
Someone's gonna have to start writing moving violation tickets here...

"ATP and registration please?"

GlueBall
9th Aug 2012, 18:30
A photo in the Chinese paper shows the detached B777 wing tip atop the A340 stabilizer. :{

?? -?-? (http://news.hexun.com/2012-08-09/144577671.html)

blaggerman
9th Aug 2012, 21:05
"We're going to need a bigger ladder!"

Checkboard
9th Aug 2012, 21:10
At least they didn't take off - and without telling the China airlines crew, at that! :eek:

Paishinel
10th Aug 2012, 03:06
In MAS, this is the cocksure way to leapfrog over the senior colleagues and get upgraded/promoted to the A380! Bravo, ucapan ribuan tahniah!

Some 14 years ago, two A330 guys, namely liew wingtip and amir wingtip were promoted well ahead of their more senior colleagues to the B744 despite their wing prangs at SIN and Male!

AlexanderH
10th Aug 2012, 11:53
I'm noticing an interesting correlation between the nationalities of the taxiing aircraft that are involved in accidents and the standard of driving in those respective countries.

Having lived in China I can say that they are some of the worst drivers in the world. Malaysia isn't much better as well.

And for the Air France A380 that clipped that smaller jet a year ago....well need I mention how absolutely appalling the French are on the road?

PAXboy
10th Aug 2012, 12:59
If you're going to draw parallels with road driving, AlexanderH, then the Italians should be clipping winglets every day ... :E

Hotel Tango
10th Aug 2012, 13:24
Naah, today's so-called pilots rely so much on technology to fly their aeroplanes that the resulting poor standards of airmanship is becoming quite apparent with their lack of taxy skills! :}

KAL__Aviator
12th Aug 2012, 13:21
Wow, you fellas in MAS sure have issues. Fellow colleagues in trouble, top priority is to gang up and join in the bashing to drown them further.

In similar light, couple of ex-MAS pilots in KAL seemed to constantly having an axe to grind and digging each other's dirt at any available instance. Evident by some of the postings wrt to KAL.

Shouldn't we wait for some form of confirmation that it's pilot judgement error and that let's hope that we will learn from it and stay alert not to repeat one?

OKhalsa
13th Aug 2012, 02:51
Those allegations are true to the best of my knowledge. I can only hazard a guess the guys posted those as a dig at MAS flight operations management. MAS flight operations and MAPA are strange bedfellows with a tacit agreement to ignore MAS related issues in other than their in-house forum.

They will be hard pressed to ignore this latest incident splashed out on Pprune. The corrupt establishment controlled Malaysian mainstream media will surely try to disregard this. Well I do not expect any MAS people to post anything here on the incident, but I am pretty sure their flight operations will scan this forum and others too.

marcoalza
14th Aug 2012, 07:17
OK if we are drawing parallels with road driving, I 'aint never getting on an Emirates flight again! :eek:

AlexanderH
14th Aug 2012, 07:29
Can the Mods please explain to me why 2 of my posts have been deleted from this thread?

BlankBox
14th Aug 2012, 23:59
here it is in English

Wide-body passenger planes bump at Pudong International -- Shanghai Daily | ???? -- English Window to China New (http://www.shanghaidaily.com/nsp/Metro/2012/08/10/Widebody%2Bpassenger%2Bplanes%2Bbump%2Bat%2BPudong%2BInterna tional/)

veloo maniam
15th Aug 2012, 01:03
Anything to do with Lin Dan beating Chong Wei? LOL:ok: