PDA

View Full Version : Multi engine rating

Dude~
5th Apr 2002, 08:23
Fairly simple this, I hope!
I am in Australia and did an initial multi engine endorsement on a Duchess BE76. It took 6hrs dual exactly and I have done 1.7 solo. that is the full extent of my multi time. Can I apply for a mulit rating to be added to my CAA PPL when I get home? I did the same with a night rating in the states, but I had to apply within 6 months, will it be the same for multi? Also, I have a nagging feeling that the CAA will want 7hrs P.u/t like the UK course, so will I need 1 more hr?

Before anyone says I contact the CAA, I will if I get nothing here, but accessing PPrune is easier than phoning the CAA from Oz!

Cheers.

LowNSlow
5th Apr 2002, 11:01
Given that it's cheaper in Oz than back here and you have sufficient beer tokens to convert into flying tokens, why not just book an hour with an instructor for some "refresher" then you've covered yourself.

It's probably cheaper than a phone call to the CAA from Oz as well as being a lot more fun :D

GoneWest
6th Apr 2002, 00:39
My understanding is that the multi course is a SIX hour course - plus a flight test.

I also believe that to convert your ICAO "multi rating" - you would need a total P1 time of 70 hours, pass a multi engine written examination paper and do a multi engine test flight wioth a JAA examiner.

I said "total P1" - not "multi P1".

Nutshell: The six hours training will do, do a written exam and a flight test to convert (and write a cheque to the CAA).

Dude~
8th Apr 2002, 09:55
So when back home I need to hire a twin at goodness knows how much for a flight test, then pay the CAA some more. Why do I live in the UK?! Presumably that would constitute a checkout though?

Ok, so where can I get a nice twin to hire when I get back, within say 60miles of london? Is there a cheapy up at Peterborough though?

Cheers

GT
8th Apr 2002, 18:34
Dude,

Have a look at

www.flying-club-conington.co.uk

Regards, GT.

rolling circle
8th Apr 2002, 19:55
Dude~ - The following is from the SRG website:

Transferring Type/Class Ratings from a non-JAA State Licence

Type/Class ratings may be transferred from a non-JAA State licence without further training/testing provided the applicant meets the following:-

a) 500 hours as pilot on type/class, operating P1 or P2 as appropriate to rating required - (PUT time may not be counted);
b) re-validation requirements of JAR-FCL 1.245, including a valid Licensing Proficiency Check.

Applicants for a type/class rating who do not meet the above must:

For Type Ratings:
a) meet the type/class rating training requirements of JAR-FCL 1.240 (including);
b) Licensing Skills Test.

For Class Ratings:
a) provide evidence of 100 hours experience on the class to be transferred and 70 hours PIC on aeroplanes;
b) pass the MEP Licensing Proficiency Check.

Since it appears that you do not have 100 hours experience on the class, you cannot transfer the rating and will have to complete a full JAA MEP Class Rating course at an approved FTO and pass the flight and ground tests.

Noggin
8th Apr 2002, 20:09
You will need to show 3.5 hours assymetric training in amongst your 6hours dual.

You must go to an approved FTO as they will be the only people to have a written exam., once you have passed that you can take the flight test which you will also have to re-take annually.

Flying Club Connington have a BE76, stick to that or you'll need additional training on the Seneca. Both Conington and Sibson have a Seneca.

You will need 70 hrs total (S/E and M/E) PIC to apply for the rating

tollett
10th Apr 2002, 18:28
There is a privately owned Seneca 1 at Oxford which goes out at £200.00 per hour, I think. If you want to e-mail me at [email protected] I'll put you in touch with the owner.