PDA

View Full Version : Anyone at Manchester tests 4th April?

stringfellow hawke
5th Apr 2002, 07:50
Were any of you lot at the Manchester first stage tests on 4th April? Just wondering what you thought. Anyone else horrified when they turned to the second page of the spacial reasoning test?

brown trousers
5th Apr 2002, 09:42
I was there on the 3rd and wasnt that horrified as I'd seen it al before.

In fact this time it felt unnervingly easy for some of the tests although as always I got to 5 questions from the end of the cubes and diagramming.

Personally though, the weridest thing I did all daywas that management styles questionnaire???? :confused: ?????? God knows where they dug that up from.

BT

:D

stringfellow hawke
5th Apr 2002, 10:20
What exactly can they assess about your suitability for ATC from a question over how far you agree that there is too much money spent on the arts? Are they trying to decide whether to buy some new pics for the control tower wall?

spekesoftly
5th Apr 2002, 10:42
As with many interviews, the subject of questions is, I suggest, often immaterial. It is your powers of reasoning, logic, and how you express yourself, that matters.

Bev Bevan
5th Apr 2002, 16:43
The learning styles and personalities questionnaire is not in itself designed to test your suitability for ATC, but is used to assist the person carrying out the Personnel interview, and, I guess, to test your integrity.
If you are putting answers that you think they want to hear rather than what is accurate, it will show up.

Edited for crap spelling

moo
5th Apr 2002, 22:32
stringfellow, I'm goin for my tests this coming week, just wondering if you had any advice or points that I should note...........

stringfellow hawke
8th Apr 2002, 15:33
Hi Moo,

Hope this catches you before your tests. No new pearls of wisdom to pass on from my experience in Manchester last week really. Like everybody else says, know the NATS booklet inside out and look at an atlas before you go. Know roughly how far it is from the UK to various destinations.

Everything was pretty much as I expected from reading other people's experiences on PPRuNe. The personality tests contain some very odd questions and I really do agree with everybody else's advice that you just have to be honest on these. I got the feeling they are looking for honesty and consistency with your answers, more than getting people who claim to be perfect!

Do practice the examples they send for the arithmetic, spacial reasoning and diagramming tests as that's exactly what you'll get. Don't be panicked by how many questions you're expected to plough through in the allowed time. No one I spoke to finished any of the tests within the time limit. I got the feeling that it was better to do fewer questions but get them all right, than answer loads and get half wrong. Practice mental arithemetic (esp. fractions and percentages) before you go.

As the ATCO who was there on the day said to us, "You shouldn't be upset if you don't get through the tests. They're not based on intelligence, just aptitude. Some people can sing and dance, some people can be Air Traffic Controllers".