PDA

View Full Version : C of E question

mintfavour
5th Apr 2002, 07:37
Hello

I have JAA PPL and my C of E validity expires this august. However I past my IMC October 2001. Could or can the IMC test be used to revalidate you C of E as from date of test?

Please help

Cheers mint

Fuji Abound
5th Apr 2002, 08:03
My understanding is that your C of E revalidation and IMC renewal can be combinded. However you say it was the intitial rating test you took. I do no think this can be combined with your C of E renewal but I am not sure. In any event a further problem may be that you did not asked the instructor to combine the two at the time. Even if he can he may not be happy to do this retrospectively.

Courtman
5th Apr 2002, 11:47
I did my IMC renewal last August, and also had my CofE flight at the same time. The CofE text states "a flight with an instructor", which an IMC renewal is! The renewal was over an hour, so that covered it nicely. My IMC renewal wasn't quite due, but it was worth bringing forward a few months so in future I can renew and CofE at the same time!!

:D :) ;) :p :rolleyes:

bookworm
5th Apr 2002, 12:43
mintfavour

The IMC rating renewal is not a SEP class rating skills test. However, any test for a rating can substitute for the 1 hour flight with an instructor that is required to renew the SEP class rating by experience. So if you have the required hours, you can renew any time, and the certificate of revalidation will expire August 2004.

Stan Evil
5th Apr 2002, 18:50
Just to clarify what Bookworm said:

To revalidate a SEP class rating you must either:

Fly 12 hours in the last 12 months of which 6 hrs must be PIC and must include 12 take-offs and landings
and
Fly one hour dual with an FI or CRI which can be replaced by any proficiency test or check (the IMC rating counts) and which counts towards the 12 hours.

OR

In the 3 months prior to expiry fly a Licensing Proficiency Check (LPC) with a Class Rating Examiner (CRE)

Look at JAR-FCL 1.245(b): http://www.jaa.nl/jar/jar/355000/355312/355312.pdf